Turbo tournaments vs. Regular Tournaments

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think turbo tournaments of luck are a key factor for winning, while in regular tournaments experience and knowledge come to the fore

H

Hellokeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many strategies but me personally I try to play as tight as I can in turbo tourney's vs regular. Since the blind system and levels of play come much faster.

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbo tournaments because I like to sit with 100BB))
xDD

turboes is good if you lag
regular for tag
slow for nit

huper for push fold or manic game)

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments depend a lot on your ability to raise chips quickly and then you can plant a strategy that will succeed you

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular but have had plenty of success at turbos. I never play hyper turbos anymore, too much like bingo.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to know my personal opinion, yes, I like turbo turbo, even s hyper. The normal ones bored me. It takes too long.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the turbo. At an early stage, I try to catch a good hand and go ollane. Somebody will definitely answer and I will double.:rolleyes:

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play turbo when there is little time. There you have to wait for the monster and go allin:p

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular is my choice and i play just regular :)

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I prefer turbo tournaments because it saves time. In the regular tournament, players think for a long time and wait for the best cards, so you can spend the whole day sitting at the table.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
turbo tournaments are designed for the original all in, if you did not get a bankroll in the beginning, then in a short time you will fly out, so regular tournaments are more calm and they have more chances to stay in the tournament and reach the prize

L

Luccasdsp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the turbo tournaments, because they are faster than regular.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're forced to play faster sooner in a turbo.

In a turbo you could take the strategy of being tight at the beginning. And then as the blinds climb, try to look for great starting hands and being real aggressive with them preflop. Other players will also start being aggressive in the later stages of the turbo tournament so counter them by choosing wisely.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to make moves earlier in order to not get blinded down.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In turbo tournaments you have to be more aggresive to get chips quickly.There is more variance in the turbo tournaments, so you should have more bank, to play this type of tournaments.
If a player is starting to play poker, it is best to play normal tournaments.

D

Doni Corlion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
all this is good as reasoning, to play at the beginning tight, but how to be when your AK came after 45 hands moves 3 2 different, simply because the opponent so wanted to play)

D

Doni Corlion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but it's best to play single-heads on microlite) well, that's like me

J

Jakobsladder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer turbos unless I am playing higher buy in mtts. In turbos where there are antes in the beginning levels and deep stacks, I play a lot of hands. Most turbo mtt players aren't good on 75bb+ stacks, so I try to get involved in pots early.

Become familiar with 20bb and less situations. Use a hud to get reads on opponents. Look for good players to steal against. Mid-Late game, I generally use a min raise strategy and look for players that aren't defending enough from the blinds. Play around with ICMizer to get a feel for push/fold spots and calling ranges. Also use it to study final table ICM situations.

Really there aren't many drastic differences other than the obvious, the blinds escalate faster....so people will become shorter stacked sooner. Having a good <20bb game is crucial since most of the time will be spent on these stack sizes.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in blind until opponents are on tilt, then I go in for the kill