Turbo Sit N Go Strategy

adam57

adam57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wrote another article for my blog about turbo sit n go strategy. Tell me what you guys think.

Turbo Sit & Go Strategy.

The Information: By: Adam Runderson.

Now I’m not a very big Sit & Go player but recently on Royal Vegas Poker I decided to play some from some tournament money I had won. I only had about 30 minutes so I decided to play a turbo tournament. It was a six seat table 10$ Buy In. First place got a prize of 35 dollars and second got 15.

The Tournament:

My first we hands were 4 10, 3 8, 2 4. I folded each hand. By the start of the fourth hand the blinds were 50/100 and there were only 3 people left! I was now on the button and the player to the right of me had 600 chips left and was in the big blind. His stack was now down to 500. I folded my hand and watched as he lost the hand and was down to 150 chips. I was now at 750 chips after I posted my BB, the player on my right was down to 100. I was dealt A9, I decided to push him all in. I ended up winning with a pair of 9’s and my stack was now at 1000. I was a 5:1 underdog with the blinds at 100/200. Still after 6 hands I had made a profit of 5 dollars. Long story short I ended up losing this tournament. I played in 2 more I got another 2nd place and finally on my third tournament I managed to get QQ and AK doubled up to 4500 and took first place. For a total of 45 dollars in about 30 minutes!

The Rundown.

I guess my strategy here is to wait for a decent hand and let the other people play each other out. Since it’s a turbo tournament people think they have to act fast and they get burned by the increasing blinds. If you wait for a decent hand play it and get as many chips as possible you will get called. There are very easy to money in. Tell me if this works for you.

Please visit my blog and tell me if you think I have something going with it.

woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not to have a go but it could use a little more detail maybe what kind of hands to play. I play a lot of SnG Turbos and i play a lot more looser in the hands i play, as you dont always have time to wait for a big hand, and if you do, your chips have prob been eaten away at while waiting.

adam57

adam57

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No like I meant decent like 10 9 , J 9 JT, Q-8. K-7 A-4. You have to play looser but Im saying wait like 2 or 3 hands usually by then 2 or 3 people are gone.

P

pokerfjaas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yep . play so many hands you can for small money

i play the turbo very hard, if i have a good hand then i move all in

Last edited by a moderator:
woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe inc the hands you mentioned above in your blog strategy thing.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm with adam on this one, patience is the key and broaden your choices in cards to play, not the usual A-A, A-K, K-K, also add Q, J, and 10 in there and pocket pairs are worth the usual limp in.

woodsy44

woodsy44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the guys been banned so this thread is kinda discontinued

L

Lula

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we should play tight in initial hands and hope to get a tight image of us then raise with mediumhands and at the bubble get very agressive because no one wants to get out!
I play like that and have very good results.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best strategy is to not play the crapshoots.