basic rule that I realized playing these modes
you need to understand your opponents like to play all the cards

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These tournaments are not good for me. They do not need tactics.

J

Jeffrey Uitbeijerse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I am building my BR from 0, so I have to play those 0,02 ones because of the BRM. I can tell you that most of my 'big' wins came from the 0,02 hyper turbos. I place second and third in them for respectively $3,30 and $2,20. Those are huge increases on my BR. I think they are quite hard to get ITM, but once you are ITM, it is an easy play.
These are the payouts in a 0,02:

1. $4,40
2. $3,30
3-4. $2,20
5-6. $1,10
7-8. $0,50
9-10. $0,25
11-50. $0,10

As you can see the min cash basically lasts untill you hit the FT. So it doesn't matter if you finish 48th or 32th or 12th, you all get $0,10. So from 11-50 you should try and take 1 or 2 good spots to double/triple up and then just wait untill the FT.

Also, when you are on the FT, the pay jumps are pretty significant. Most players don't really care about this and just push all-in with every good hand they have. Even if they are 3/9 and are risking to bust before the smaller stacks. So if you are a small stack at the FT, don't be afraid to wait for good hands, because you will ladder automatically :)

Hope this helps some players a bit.

Foliano

Foliano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And yet how to play such tournaments? Is there any sense when everything is curling up not from you from a randomly embroidered card on the river?