Transitioning from Freerolls to Buy Ins

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the end of the month, I am going to switch from (mostly) Cards Chat Freerolls to $1.10-$5.50 MTTs. What adjustments should I take into account?

Over the past 6 months, I have been playing mostly freerolls. I have dabbled in SnG and MTTs and even cash games. But my focus was to improve before moving into buy ins.

I have gone as far as I can go in freerolls. I have a $500 bankroll from freerolls, and currently lead the US side of the quarterly Leaderboard. I don't feel the transition will be difficult, but there are factors that can catch me unawares.

My hope is you guys (and gals) will help me think of issues I might face before they cost me money.

tl:dr Any advice for someone moving from freerolls into buy in MTTs?
first of all, play knock out no higher than $ 3.30, these tournaments will almost always pay off your entry ticket. And I would also recommend one tournament at pokerstars Sunday storm, with a bankroll like yours, I would play it every Sunday

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if you win in freerolls, the transition to micro stakes will not be difficult for you. Tournaments before ABI 5.5 are played by the same players who play freerolls. The only advice is to play in poker rooms,where statistics collection is prohibited, there are fewer regulars.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A Tad More TAG

i notice in free rolls people play very loose. In money games the play is much tighter. I suggest, at least starting, to tighten up a tad. In the low stakes, $1.50 sig, for example, the play is to trap, using check raise a lot. More straight out aggression in higher stakes. Don’t tilt, don’t play unless you fell good.

Freeroll Passwords