Tournaments or sit and go?

nachopaulo

nachopaulo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Are you currently more profitable in tournaments or sit and go games?

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely tournaments. I prefer to play tournaments. I used to play sit'gos years ago, but now I like to play more omaha games and does not exist much traffic of players for omaha sit'gos.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments are better, because there is more money if you make it to a final table.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning players typically have a higher ROI in MTTs, because there is more time to find edge against weaker opponents. But SnGs are faster to play and offer lower variance, so they are good for building up a bankroll or securing a steady source of income. They are also more capped compared to MTTs though. Outside peak hours there is little action on pokerstars in SnGs above 10$.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depend how i feeling but often tournament.......but i hate late registration

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SnGs are great when you don’t have much time, but 100% mtts for the real profit👍

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play sit and go to learn the ranges of each position, open raising range, 3betting range, 4betting range, cold calling range, open folding range, open calling range

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have good ROI in SnGs HU, then you can quickly build up your bankroll and move up to medium limits using the betting scheme based on the Kelly criterion.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like tournaments more, and if they are long-lasting, much better, ha, ha, ha, my biggest prizes have been in tournaments that have lasted two days, and winning tickets. But I definitely like tournaments more

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have a lot that I don't play sng on a regular basis, but definitely my answer is in tournaments, in sng I play more omaha h/l and sometimes I have my good moments, but for a while now I prefer to play in tournaments

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tournaments all the way, Last SNG I played was 10+ years ago..

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer tourney if they are short I don't think I could do say a day 1 flight for 8 - 10 hours to make it to a day 2 or a final table , I do play more sit and goes however as I really only play the CC tourneys and Ribby Brunos homegame on Wednesday. I am looking for more streamers with micro-low home games I can play in on other days when Ribby is not streaming.. I think might try D-Makkk's pko on friday see how many people play and how it goes..

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer tournaments more, because they have more opportunities, and they have many types for various tastes.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I prefer MTTs, it has been a long time since I have played SNGs. But from time to they can be fun and successful as well. But MTTs are better for me.