Tournament tips

Chessplayer

Chessplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My Plan is pretty standard; to go conservative in the beginning rounds and to become more aggressive(blind stealing, playing more aces, etc) Is their any main problems to this strategy or ways to improve it?

elmo1972

elmo1972

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my tip to you would be if there calling you and you dont have the nuts slow down maybe they do

Johniblayze

Johniblayze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When they limp you raise
When they raise you reraise
when they reraise you shove

S

Sarcastro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When they limp you raise
When they raise you reraise
when they reraise you shove

Yes please do this when I'm sitting next to you at the table. I'd love to add you stack to my pile with my TPTK...

Better said: bet/raise or fold, rarely call.

vegasjj

vegasjj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From my VERY limited live experience...

I noticed that many of the live players do NOT play on line, many seem to dislike even disrespect it. HOWEVER the reality I think is, the game IS the same, bad beats - crazy draws do happen in both (live and online) - but a frequent online player has a REAL advantage over the people that do not play on line - and that is way way way more experience. You have soo much time compared to on line, can really watch people and have tons of time to make decisions.
So - play confidently - if you are a good on line player - you will be very successful - play same as you would on line - just don't jump up with joy when u dealt pocket rockets. :p

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just play with power hand AA KK QQ AK AQ AJ

^^ Sure-fire way to get blinded out of the tournament here. In the early levels your range should be fairly tight, but as blinds increase and relative chip-stacks decrease you simply have to open-up your range, or you'll find yourself as the short-stack and out fairly quickly.

Chessplayer

Chessplayer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tourney info:
cost of tourney=150
5k is starting chip stack
100,200 blinds
half price of admission =addition 10,000 rebuy
50$ =5,000 in chips
Is this considered like a fast tourney or what?
and what should my plans be would a rebuy be good or not?

Poker Tips