Tournament style play.

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for a little less than half a year, mostly tight-aggressive play. What style do you like? And how long you play tournament poker?

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG is a common style for early stages of the game.... remember that sticking to 1 play style will cripple you in the end.

been playin MTT's strictly for 3 years

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone has there own style. You just need to find something that works for you and your style that puts you in the money and chances to win more often. Been playing since online poker started. Hope we can start to play at PS or FT again soon for us in the US... Hard to find games with good traffic.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been playing for a little while now. But the style that I use changes with the other players at the table. Got to be flexible as to play with a wide array of different players.

R

Ricardas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play normal game, aggressive also dont get crazy

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is important not how long you play and how you play? I have the ability to switch styles and ranges as well as the size of your bets ...

W

Weee3eee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker for going on 7 years now. I love love tourney poker. I would say the best way of playing Tournament poker is playing against the grain of all other players. The first part of the tourney is where you "feel" your pool out. The middle is gelling in on what the opponents are offering at their play and the late stages is when you play against their weaknesses. It's fun.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MTTs at the micro levels, as for strategy, like most players, it changes with the opponents I face and stages of tournament.

lookas11

lookas11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reading cards best way to win something just belive in your skills

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for the period of the tournament you need to change a lot of styles and sometimes bluff

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played tournaments for almost 15 years now.

I used to play 20+ tournaments a day but after Black Friday I stopped playing entirely. Now I'm back and have been playing freerolls when I have the time.

TAG will get you far in low stakes tournaments, but emphasize exploiting your opponents:

If your opponent likes to bluff, check some big hands and let them hang themselves...

Against loose players, open up your value range, three-bet them looser, and value bet relentlessly.

Against tight players try to out-flop them cheaply if deep-stacked, or get out of their way when they raise and attack their blinds in the mean time. :D

Good luck to you!

Z

zzvictor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about exploiting your opponents' strategies while not allowing them to exploit you.

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im very tight at the beginning of a tournament but later i play many more hands

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament I play frostily, but then I increase the range of hands.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must first play tight and parallel to look for your style! And also need lessons in theory, but as the game progress in the game will not be!

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the early levels I am playing aggressive.

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like bigger tournaments and slow blinds.

Favor a more technical game, I like to attack the bubble .... are moments in which you build your future in these tournaments.

I know it's the usual thing for players to complain about this, but I'm suffering from bads with high pairs

U

Urii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at early stage you have to play as many hands as possible , in the middle of a tight tournament and all the work is done))

Anki_KB

Anki_KB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
changing styles is my game... good to make It difficult to read you. And try to read the opponents reaction. what is their style. how you play against them can be crucial.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing for years. I've learnt that changing up your style can confuse your opponents, allowing us to get into a position to take down big pots.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to swith between TAG and LAG. It depends on the competition. If you have a lot of tight players the LAG style works best. And if you have loose players, TAG is the way to go.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play tight but not aggresive in Early tournament,i start to be aggresive if i reach middle..

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play tight but not aggresive in Early tournament,i start to be aggresive if i reach middle..
I play aggressively when I have a good hand as at the beginning, and at the end of a tournament.

H

HEFOLK132

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
changing styles is my game... good to make It difficult to read you. And try to read the opponents reaction. what is their style. how you play against them can be crucial.
It is really good, especially when long you play at one table.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tournament in the early stages it is desirable to only play strong hands.but with increasing blinds need to expand the range.