paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
What type of tournament poker do you prefer and what is the best strategy that has continued to work for you?

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In my opinion tournaments with more than 100 players are very tricky when you play for example 2 hours or more. You have to find a solid balance between tight aggressive and loose passive play because there will be many difficult spots where you have to adapt your play on the action of your table. If you are more interested of my specific tactic than contact me.
Greets

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like SNG 45p and 90p because it gives you some experience with MTT strategy (in the early levels) but also some concepts really important to SNG (especially ICM, way heavier then in MTTs)

But my favorites to grind are SNG 9p turbo, and the main strategy is to play solid in the first levels and know your push/fold ranges near the bubble

A

AndyB_10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
deep stack are the best. i get frustrated with less that 20BB to start. it doesn't seem to allow for much strategy etc.

W

Weeestler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I'm playing only freerolls by now, trying to improve my pation and skill. It's realy hard to live through the rebuy period ))) Almost impossible...

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no specific tactic, it depends on the mood and other factors, maybe it's an aggressive game at the beginning and vice versa very calm in the middle or vice versa, just for an amateur like me, it doesn't make sense to stick to some tactics because the game is more entertainment than making money and especially poker is not a professional activity

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro limits, the optimal tight-aggressive strategy in my opinion, but of course I need to exploit

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play micro SnG and MTT's. Solid fundamentals are an absolute must. You don't need fancy plays or obscene exploits, but nor do you need to be anywhere near GTO.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer big tournaments, which offer big prizes, I don't like SNGs, and SITGO, I only like MTTs.
Even more so with a great chance of winning big pots.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The problem for me is really can I name one poker tournament I don't like. LOL OK i don't care for re-buys..

OK to the question, Its really about preference and time for me. I like big tournaments with lots of players and big payouts. The problem them becomes how long the tournaments runs. Turbo ones do help there but they are getting hard to finds. I usually aim for smaller ones that can end it 3 hours or so. I used to play a lot 45 SNG types but since i cant play on stars anymore that's a mute point.

As to how to play them? I just play my normal game no mater what the type happens to be.

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my experience, the PKO was more profitable than the vanilla. Both without being turbo, because those are more luck than anything else.

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like regular MTT's. I'm now focusing on freerolls, and CC's are the best!

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
What type of tournament poker do you prefer and what is the best strategy that has continued to work for you?
For a while now, I play micro/low buy-in MTTs, then if I got knocked out, I go to SIT & GOs, $2/$5 turbos. And I prefer the regular pace in the MTTS.
As to the strategy, I don't think there's one that you can choose and apply all the time. The dynamic of the table you find yourself at is what dictate the strategy you should use. Personally, I'm only at the level where I don't use more than 2 strategies. TAG if the table is kind of Loose, LAG if it's tight.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Qualified for this tonight via 55c sat. Happy with result and way I played. Nearly made FT 😐

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-09-02-50-29-93_e34db278d57530e90c8afb0c8daf025d.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-09-02-50-29-93_e34db278d57530e90c8afb0c8daf025d.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 4
German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everybody! In the present time I more prefer the turbo tournaments and tournaments with rebuys and add-ons.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play MTTs during weekends, when I dont have visitors or other social obligations. On working days I prefer SnGs, because I cant devote many hours to playing. As for strategy it cant be explained in a few words. Thats why CC has an entire 30 day course on the subject ;)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
low limits playing a tight aggressive player is the most useful tip for players at low limits this tactic works even now use low limit players

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The strategy depends on the speed of the game on MTT.
Hyper-turbo is basically freerolls where I play fast on the map and table activity.
MTT with deep stacks of 10 minutes or more, I play by my own rules, very often I go in at the end of late registration, a small stack of 10 BB for the game does not upset much. Aggressive play alternates with very calm, this puts the enemy to sleep.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Most of all, I like a regular MTT tournament, sometimes I play SNG tournaments, now I have to play mostly freerolls, but it's just terrible, the game turns into some kind of circus

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I guess frerolls are best until now to improve your skills