Tournament selection (entrants, day of week, buy in, ...)

TVFish

TVFish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I started to analyse my MTT 6 Max (hyper)turbo results (20-60$ buy in) based on different parameters...

Summarized for +- 820 games:

1. Above 150 entrants during weekends: I consistently lose. (200 games: down 4K - ITM: 15%)
2. Above 150 entrants during weekdays: I make nice profits. (410 games: up 15K - ITM: 22.5%)
3. Under 150 entrants: I lose. (210 games; down 2K - ITM: 17%)

My theory is that under 150 entrants always the same group of (very) good players are playing (and winning) - making the game too tough for me on this level.
For the loss on weekends: I discovered that I'm knocked out early in the tournament much more often than in weekdays. (Probably I'm too greedy soon in the tourney combined by people that would call more often than in weekdays but that's just an assumption)

What do you think? Are there any other reasons based on the parameters weekday / entrants?

Do you analyse your results with different parameters? Does it influence your tournament selection? In what way?

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
820 its not enough game to know if you are a winning or loosing players yet. Splitting in 3 different category is like flipping a coin.
Some pro players can have 100 tournaments in a row without making the money.
Plus you are playing Hyper, the variance is huge, you probably need 5000 tournaments of hyper to know if you are a winning players of the specified categories.

So to answer the main question
Do you analyse your results with different parameters?

The answer is the # of tournaments played :).

But at least you are UP at the moment. I guess you know about ICMizer 3 considering the stack you are playing. if not its going to be the best $80 spend ever.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well the general idea is that weekends have larger fields, more fish - crazy, unpredictable players, and these factors increase the variance. So in weekdays one can show more consistent results, but higher rewards (due to weaker field) lie in the weekends. A lot of players prefer not to play sundays for example, because of the variance. It depends on your patience and mindset.

And hyper tournaments are a pretty much a lottery. You can have edge there only if you play A LOT and your Push-fold is close to perfect, and nerves are of steel. Good luck.