tournament with rebuys or regular tournament

R

Raisins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind playing in tournaments with rebuys, but I'd never rebuy myself. Buying back into a tournament late when you'll be way behind the average stack just feels so bad, but at the same time in means people are throwing more money into the prize pool with very little chance of taking it down.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer SNG because then I am only trapped playing for a short time.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournaments with rebuys attracted by the fact that people put all-in with a fairly weak hand and thanks to this you can fill a good stack in the initial stage of the tournament

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some rebuy tourneys have unusually large add-ons, so to avoid the all-in fest I tried buying in at the end of the registration period and adding on as well. I still had a reasonable stack to work with and people were a lot calmer!!!

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good thing about the rebuys is that you will see players going all in with nothing losing and repeating over and over so they are putting a lot of "dumb" money into the pot. If you can navigate the minefield it is a nice pay day.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like re-buy tournaments.The problem is you can get caught up in the tournament and not stay in bankroll budget. You should see how the tournament has developed. For example it the tournament top heavy with small players holding majority of chips? Has the tournament exceeded the knockout rate with late registration still close to cashing?

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in a tourney the best thing is beating my opponent after he has gone all in. The last thing I want is seeing him back at my table

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not even have to worry about tournaments with the Rebays, because players with cashmanship win bigger, it's possible once again to take a chance

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Rebuys just wear me out. I prefer one buy-in and no add ons.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the regular tourneys over the rebuys, and the long late reg tourneys are the worst.

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to dislike rebuys, but have found the better you become and the more you adjust to individual players, the better you can do in rebuys. Ranges tend to open up a lot in rebuys because players can always come back. That makes for a lot of easy money. If you tighten up your ranges, you can often win quite often and many times have the other playing betting in to you aggressively when your hitting your card even though they have nothing good.

DcrcKdKng

DcrcKdKng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i really enjoy to play poker... freezeouts, rebuys, reenters... i really think that we should adapt our game plan to the structure that we'll play. If you don't have a game plan, an strategy for the tournament structure, you are already behind or, in the best scenario, you are at the same level of those who only play their cards in a tournament.

the second point is to play your table, that old good story that you should play against the flow... so, if your table is lose, you should play less hands more agressively... and if your table is more tight, you should play many tiny pots.

Tournament is all about accumulating chips early on so you can use it to make pressure and get profitable spots later on. There's no secret about it.

With not so many hands played at a live tournament (an unlimited rebuy untill the 8 lvl, for example), you should know who is taking more risk, because of the unlimited rebuy structure and who isn't; so if you decide to go all in with that 66 pre flop against that guy who's taking some serious risk to double or make the rebuy, you will probably find a wider call, his card will come sometimes and you will keep crying forever. You should be able to avoid those spots in this kind of structure (i won't discuss if this spot is good or not for you... just considering your complaining - the guy calls your shove and hit his out);

just know that this will happen... it's normal, after all, it's kinda like poker... but as i said, you must be able to read the situation and adapt your game for the possible outcome (if you think that the guy will call your jam, but you don't want it, you should fold or raise - instead of jam -...)

The key factor is, how to exploit the players in your table accordingly their profile and the tournament structure... whenever you identify a good opportunity to exploit and play it as you should, you will probably accumulate more chips than be busted.

Remember, the fact of be possible to do unlimited rebuys doesn't mean that everyone in your table will be playing suicidal maniac agressive poker. I play a lot of tournaments of this type and usually gave only one shot; i usually do an unique rebuy, if it's necessary, but i won't play nit because of that, i simply try to do what i told in here. I play the opposite style of the table and try to identify the players profile, using that to find profitable spots to accumulate chips.

But i luv a good tough and high stake freezeout.

Regards and GL

:jd4:

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most not my favorite tournaments are tournaments with rebuys, cheap tournaments with rebuys I just hate. Maybe because I do not understand how to play them

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah , freezouts are better for me too , you either enter in profit or not .
With those rebuys/add ons , you really never know

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dislike rebuys for a lot of reasons: 1. When you beat another player and take all there chips, they just come right back with a rebuy. 2. Every chip rebaught and added on adds that many more chips you have to get to make the money and to win the tournament.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I also prefer tournaments without rebuys because in tournaments it's all about survival. When the matter of survival doesn't exist everyone plays more aggresively and takes more risks

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players are more loose on rebuy tournaments. They tend to play more aggresively when they have another chance. You just need to adapt to a tournament youre playing at the time.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
players usually play equal bingo in the rebuy tournament, this increases the variance

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also prefer the tournaments without repurchase, there is much more pressure, more aggressive players, you must have a certain amount of bank for the repurchases, in short many factors