Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marinkovicrobert

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i have played several tournaments and came to 150 players or less.
I havent made it to final table. I noticed that players are playing tight but .
what advice can you give my
:jd4:

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Depends on what your exact problem is. If you are falling short of the final stage perhaps you are playing too many pots and spewing chips in marginal spots? Or conversely you are not playing enough and being blinded down to a level where everyone and their momma is calling your shove?

You need to be more specific.

CheckmateYates

CheckmateYates

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey there, i'm a tournament player. a winning one surprisingly enough. but i rock the micros and live tourneys at local clubs i play at. I'm assuming you want advice on not only cashing but going deep to the good money that's awaiting you at the final table. there's a good article from kc (https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/kcs-rush-strategy-180313/) that i read when i first started playing tournaments, particularly rush tournaments. it helped a lot and i did well in them, but wanted to move on to the larger field tournaments. to my surprise, the strategy still works...only with a few tweaks. what tournament play comes down to for me is playing tight at first, at least until the tournament is closed. keep your eye on how many bb's you have in your stack. if you double up early, continue to play tight. the cards will come. patience is the most important factor in making it far. once the field is more than halfway eliminated, it's time to get more active. This doesn't mean jump into every pot. You're still going to be play very tight. the difference is that now you need to be aggressive in late position with marginal hands. The reason i say this is because people see that they are almost to the money and they start tightening. it's easy to play small ball poker against these players. once you finally break that bubble, steal blinds as much as your table allows you. adjust to the table dynamics. know who's bb to raise and who's not to raise.

I do this in every tournament i play and i do well. Yes, there will be suckouts against you, but jump back in there and do it again. eventually you'll make that big cash. gl at the tables

P

phillyfan810

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do is in in the early and middle stages of the tournament i play tight waiting for premium hands and occasionally stealing blinds. Once you make the money other players, especially the ones that are short-stacked loosen up and you should try to take advantage of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.