Falzee

Falzee

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In my opinion .you should only play with 5% of your bankroll in tournaments to hold your bankroll.
That means if I have 100$ I should maximum play for 5$ tournament ,in case I lost many times in a roll I keep some money to play
What do you think
Good advice if you can resist the temptation to go higher!

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you're looking to pass the time, that's fine, but you're often looking to make a profit and you have to play risky with your bankroll. Once you've achieved results, withdraw and use your bankroll little by little.

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In my opinion .you should only play with 5% of your bankroll in tournaments to hold your bankroll.
That means if I have 100$ I should maximum play for 5$ tournament ,in case I lost many times in a roll I keep some money to play

I think that with a smaller bankroll this is a fine strategy, but with a larger bankroll and buy-ins (for example I think if you are playing the Main Event, 20x would be $200k). If you play larger buy in events you want to be rolled for it, I would say at least 50x buy ins. Like a roll for $100 buy ins should be at least $5k. The variance is real for sure in tournaments, and the larger the bankroll the longer it will take to rebuild.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each has a history, desire, interpretation, sometimes protect my Bankroll, and other times, abuse, you decide how much is your desire, and how much you want to risk

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think
The golden rule of a bankroll is 2%. Mental health will be better.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing with a poker budget of 100$ per month, then 20 BIs is reasonable. In that way you can play at least 4-5 tournaments every weekend, even if you dont cash in any of them, and then next month you deposit another 100$ and repeat. This time maybe you catch a deep run and finish the month with 184$ in the account, and then you dont need to deposit next month.

However if you are playing with a poker bankroll, then you need to be much more conservative, since 20 BI downswings happen very often. In that case you need at least 100 BIs for MTTs, but maybe you can get away with 50 BIs for STTs. So with a 100$ bankroll you can play up to 1$ MTTs and 2$ STTs. This thing is, this is not so much an "opinion". Its actually cold hard math, which you can check out here:

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What do you think
I think that 5% is quite a lot, but such a calculation is acceptable. But I think that spending more than 5% of the bankroll per day is very risky and it can lead to the loss of the bankroll.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm sorry for my terrible bankroll management. If I have $10, sometimes I play $5.50. But, in most cases, I try satellites. Yesterday I played $22 after win a $2.85 satellite. (and won $38 from the $22 mtt).

meagain00

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry for my terrible bankroll management. If I have $10, sometimes I play $5.50. But, in most cases, I try satellites. Yesterday I played $22 after win a $2.85 satellite. (and won $38 from the $22 mtt).
This is fine. It just mean, you are playing with a poker budget and not a poker bankroll. And as long as you are honest to yourself about this, and the budget is an amount of money, you can afford and are ok with losing, then all is good. In fact more people should do this instead of pretending, they play with a bankroll, when in fact they dont ;)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You must play the games you can afford to lose! This means with the 100$ you should play about 1$ buy-in. Of course you will try and some more expensive games, but in a logic administration.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you always need to play with a bankroll, and with 100 dollars, I think you can’t play tournaments for more than one dollar

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5% are 20 buy-ins, very aggressive, isn't it? I believe that for an always-healthy bankroll, 1% would be a great choice. It can eventually get monotonous, but since you are under very secure management, large periods of losses may not affect you. Furthermore, with a few wins, you can already shoot something bigger, at one time or another, of course, always maintaining a healthy bankroll, your career tends to be less stressful, think about it.

T

tuskaaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That really depends on how big the tournaments you play in are. Like for example on pokerstars, pretty much every mtt has from hundreds to thousands of buy ins. 5% of your bankroll there would be wayy too risky. 1% on big tournaments sounds better and 2-5% for smaller scale tournaments.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5% are 20 buy-ins, very aggressive, isn't it? I believe that for an always-healthy bankroll, 1% would be a great choice. It can eventually get monotonous, but since you are under very secure management, large periods of losses may not affect you. Furthermore, with a few wins, you can already shoot something bigger, at one time or another, of course, always maintaining a healthy bankroll, your career tends to be less stressful, think about it.

This

Depending on what game/s you are playing 20 buyins is a bit aggressive.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This

Depending on what game/s you are playing 20 buyins is a bit aggressive.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think
Hello.
I heard about play with 1% of bankroll for low limit MTT. And if limit is higher buy in is lower.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very aggressive bankroll, I think 100 buy-ins is optimal and depending on which tournaments

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think for $100 playing games with $5 will be expensive quickly you can lose if you are an above average player then you can but if you are an average player think $1 or 2 will be enough

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Perhaps even less.
You should have about 150 buy-ins per limit.
Perhaps I may be wrong.
But this is the average figure that usually appears in all poker courses.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
There is a lot of variance in mtts, so 5% is too high for your BR. I think the best BI is around 0.5% of your BR or x200. You have to consider not one mtt but all the mtts that you're playing into that session. If you play let's say 1.10$ and another 2.20$ at the same time. it's 3.30$ for the session, and you should have at least 330$ in your BR.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course it all depends on how well you play but still 5% of the pot roll is too risky!!!