Too late to late-reg?

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that's exactly why I think a lot of tourney players reg late is they don't know what to do w/100+ bb. I'm the same, I'd rather have time to wake up and not be stressed about regging right on time.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I understand why this question keeps coming up over and over. No one wants to sit through 3-5 hours of late reg when most of the time it won't make any difference to your stack. Lately whenever I register at the start I end up short stacked by the end of late reg. Registering later is also a good way of saving money and avoiding multiple re-entries.

Whether or not to late reg depends on many factors, but most importantly starting stack size (depth) and blind structure. In general, the deeper your stack and the longer the blinds are, the later you can register. In a tourney with 10 min blinds I like to have 50BB. With longer blinds, 20-30BB will do.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that it is necessary to start from the beginning of the tournament only. Maximum level of the fifth. The only negative is watching as the number of participants, and time seems to be going very slowly)

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IM slack I know the free money is at the start but It irratates the hell out of me if I dont have a much better stack than starting once late reg ends. its like I could of just not played those 3 hours. Games are just too long in general. Im comfy enough with my 20bb shove game to double up or be done and not waste a lot of time playing up and down for 3 hours before hand

edit too funny I alredy answer htis thread with the same answer

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i almost always register on time. you could always do a rough calculation of how many chips you'll lose by looking at dead stacks to see what they lose in a period of time. this would only really apply if it's a weekly tournament or something but i've gotten to watch people go AFK at certain times (shortly before bubble, on final table, etc) and you can watch their stack and get an approximation for what you'd lose next time. then you'll be able to really see if you should have played the beginning for a double or started at 10bb and played bingo

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing you can do: Enter a rebuy tournament in the last minute of late reg, then buy the addon. When play continues you need just 1-2 successful hands to get ITM.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like to late reg, prefer start the tournament to get time to increase my stack. When i need to late reg, find a good tourn that already started, i like at least 20BB.

P

poorkatsue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on BCP and there are a few I watch for last min late reg. These are ones that have a habbit of jumping the amout of people playing to ITM people. So some of the late night turryes have 83 people playing and are about to jump to 99 people ITM then I will cheat to be itm but that is becase I am playing another turry and catch it. Otherwise the first hour at most for me.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes it is very favorable others not so much. but if you think well or see the structures well the awards are not far from the completion of the late reg

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I like to be there from the start. I like to see every hand possible.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I go always to 20BB 10bb better because I do not lose hours to get a good stack

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
<div class="tw-ta-container tw-nfl" id="tw-target-text-container" style="position: relative; padding-top: 20px; color: rgb(33, 33, 33); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px;">there are players that dominate the nash range a lot, so it goes into the late registration

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are players that dominate the nash range a lot, so it goes into the late registration

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo anything lower than 10bb leaves you no room for even the smallest mistake...with 10bb u can even bet and lose a hand or two before ur forced to really shove...with a lower stack u dont get that one or two flop mistake

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play from the start or in the first couple of levels. Any later your losing the chance to build up a stack in the early stages.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that 20 BBs is enough to play, less then that you need some lucky too. I prefer win hands by my skills and don't need too much of lucky, so I prefer start the tournament deep stack and try to raise my chips before the late reg finish.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament for me

Bounty tournaments.
In bounty tournaments i like to late reg a bit so you got a few shortstacks and you can bounty hunt but the higher the buy-in the sooner i would reg.

Normal tournaments.

In normal tournaments i would join when i would have around 10+ bb's also depending on the buy-in if it's 5$+ i would reg sooner than a 2,20 game.

Hyper/turbo

In either a Hyper/Turbo tournament i would still wait maybe 5/10mintues and then join it, but if the buy-in is over 3.30+ i would join it after 5/6 minutes.

My style

So for me it depends really sometimes i do reg them a little later or a little sooner depending how i feel or how many tables i have left,
When you start with 10k chips and the blinds are 25/50 i tend to wait so it's 100/200 blinds just to build bigger pots soon so i can play more tight later game, But some tournaments like acr have 5 hours late reg so i would join them at the last second and use my time bank and get into the money easily. and hope for a nice double triple up and play from there.

To each their own. Some always reg from the start. :D

Sobewan

Sobewan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the middle

If I can get to the middle of the field with a single double up I don't have to worry as much about the blinds, although 15 or so should be the minimum. If every table has multiple big stacks that dwarf your buy-in (8x initial) you need to have more of a cushion, say 30+ big blinds to account for all-in bets you can't call. :bike:

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed that more players tend to late-reg than to start from the beginning.I do to sometimes, but when do you think is too late to late-reg?
30 BB? 20 BB? 10 BB?!?!?!
Just seems crazy to me that people choose to late-reg right before its up,
and have like 2 BB to start, and just shove.
What's your thoughts?:confused:

I def tend to late reg on 5 hour late reg. ALOT can happen in 5 hours

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not enter a tournament late with less than 20 bb's. I have on occasion reentered a tournament with fewer, most likely because I busted and was mad about it.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play from the begin beacause its a good way to increase your chips:)

thats the same for me. you need some stamina but yo havbe the opportinity to play. if some one wait unit 10BB it is basically all in and hope you get something

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play from the start, to better improve Steg.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind late registering if the blinds are still less than a tenth of the starting stack. Since the poker sites decided to have incredibly loooong late registration periods it shortens the game to a reasonable length of time. Sometimes, if you pay attention, you can get in just before the bubble and just glide into the money.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

I've noticed that more players tend to late-reg than to start from the beginning.I do to sometimes, but when do you think is too late to late-reg?
30 BB? 20 BB? 10 BB?!?!?!
Just seems crazy to me that people choose to late-reg right before its up,
and have like 2 BB to start, and just shove.
What's your thoughts?:confused:
For all of us is better to start early in tournaments. Registering late makes you change you playing stile, a lot ..