Time banks at the EPT Barcelona 2023

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstars EPT Barcelona allowed 5 time banks during the course of a single day and the 30-second time bank cards could be accumulated, if unused in previous days. So, with 3 tables left and one hand in particular (shown in the video at 3 hours 40 minutes and 6 seconds) one player (Paulo) was using their time banks in hopes of laddering up. There was some input provided from the commentators and the floor had been called to intervene. In the end, Paulo was told there would be a limit as to how many time bank cards he could use for this hand.

What are your thoughts on the decision made by the tournament director? Was it right or not so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Time bank is there for a reason and when so much money at stake m he has in his own right to use it to his advantage. Tournament director also did took that decision to make the game running faster , but thats definitely not fair for players who has saved the time cards for last levels . it was in the rule that time bank cards can be accumulated and played it later

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would really appreciate timestamps so i dont have to watch it all.

In general and without seeing the clip i think he should be able to do whatever he wants with those timebanks if it was allowed to accumulate them from previous days.

🏝️🌞☺️

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If there isn't something in the rules about the maximum number of time bank cards that can be used for a single hand, the director was dead wrong.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In general and without seeing the clip i think he should be able to do whatever he wants with those timebanks if it was allowed to accumulate them from previous days.
🏝️🌞☺️

🏝️🌞☺️
The time of the hand in question was 3 hours 40 minutes and 6 seconds sorry for not putting a timestamp on this I thought I did my apologies by the way thank you for your response.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I gather from the broadcast there is no specific rule of how the time bank cards can be used. However from what they also said the tournament director has discretion on making these rulings. In my humble opinion, I think they were wrong for making the person limit their use of their time bank cards. So what are you going to do in the future when you make these ruins cuz that's very subjective. Also, I think if you're going to legislate that they can only be used to make difficult decisions. You're going to have to peek at everybody's hand and determine what is a serious decision to make or if they are stalling or not that's a very slippery slope. Then again you could have no time bank cards and they only have the 30 seconds or whatever to make their decision. Geez I kind of like it back in the day when they didn't have time bank cards and timers to make a decision even though sometimes it took forever and a day.