MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That sounds like a holding your breath contest. In poker your goal is to accumulate chips. Often when players play ultra tight they suffer the same fate as Uncle Broomcorn....they get Ante'd to death. Another thing to consider is that other players or their HUD will notice you are playing ultra tight and when they see you raise your aces ...they will fold.
And there are many, many such players in our freerolls :) One hand will be started by a player, as usual he will win the call and pass again :D I was watching and looking at the clock, I won't say who it is, but that's a completely different story, the player he sat and passed for 50 minutes until AA came to him.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it's not that simple to say that a single player profile is always right. I believe that we should always try to adapt to what the tournament is asking for at the moment, that is, in certain moments it is necessary to be tighter, but in other moments it is necessary to be more aggressive.

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most times,yes,but not literally aways,aways is too intense XD
God bless

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play tight, but I'm also aware of my stack size and will not let myself just dwindle away. I will also take advantage of other tight players. I also take advantage of my tighter image and can force folds. There are also some regs that are aware I am playing tighter and I will adjust my play accordingly. So while I am a little tighter than most other players, ultimately the table will dictate my play.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you already know what vpip is? You should always want as many hands as possible profitably, the idea has to be this, play as many hands profitably as you can, extract the maximum value from each one.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Position, preflop.
Position, post flop.
Position, until the end.
There are 4 types of hand: trash, speculative hands, strong hands monster hands. The only type of hand that is easy to play is the trash hand. Just fold and watch the table while waiting for the next hand. Reserve speculative hands for the button or the cutoff. play the strong ones from middle positions onwards. Play monsters in any position.
From time to time throw all the study in the air and follow your intuition. And maybe you make a flush or a fullhouse on the flop.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing tight makes it easy for opponents to play against you. It is better to have balanced strategy with good board coverage.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The name says it all: isn't it the goal is to remain in the game for as long as possible? How does playing tighter accomplish the goal of getting #1?
Hi :)
The game should depend on the format of the tournament and its structure. The tight game is a variant that works well for regular tournaments where the blinds increase every ten minutes or more. But this does not mean that tight game is always right. There is no such thing as "always right" in poker :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By my opinion, don't to be only tight or another... The extremes often are not absolutely right! I think, more better to be flexible in the different situations!
And not only in Poker, but and in Life too! This a key of success!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
sometimes i play more tight sometime more loose . i prefer the tight game generally

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The goal is to get high in the money and or win, so no the goal isn't just to stay in the game as long as possible.. though you do have to be in it to win it😎👍

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the most important thing besides being more aggressive or tight is knowing the best move for that hand, always analyzing table position, player and moment of the tournament.

BrotherPaps

BrotherPaps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The name says it all: isn't it the goal is to remain in the game for as long as possible? How does playing tighter accomplish the goal of getting #1?

It's a dance, tight is not always right. Finding the right balance relative to bankroll, growth rate and level of involvement is the way.

This is the way 🤭.

Mando

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't think that playing like this is always the best because I think that you become predictable, especially if you have been at the same table for a long time, it has happened to me that I play very tight, the rest of the players notice and avoid paying when I enter a hand, I think sometimes you have to vary a bit but very carefully, play aggressive from time to time, bluffing, that kind of thing

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You have to try the game otherwise those at the table will know when you have a good hand after so much waiting and they won't advance against you

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The great thing about playing tight when you first start is that you will be in the game for longer, and this will help you get a much better 'feel' for the game than being knocked out in the first few hands every time.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

that will depend on the game you,re in and the type of game

rgds