those who often win tournaments

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are watching from the tournament stage. At the beginning of the tournament, play only premium hands, to the middle of the tournament you can play and weaker hands, but you need to consider the game of your opponents. Good luck to you at the tables dear friend.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play more of a controlled aggressive game, that involves getting under the other players skins by talking a lot.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play conservatively usually at first. As the game progresses, I step it up. People tend to get more active preflop when the blinds get higher. So you have to make wise decisions as to what kind of cards to start with. I know what to do after a flop a lot of times. It's my preflop game that needs work. I get too tempted to play a lot of iffy hands.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with most here. Start conservative with premium hands, and expand your range as you advance in the tournament. In low stakes games, often you can find a double early off an overly aggressive opponent.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
My advice is to have PATIENCE and if you want a long run just play the premium hands to double your chips every time.
P.S. In the beginning be more aggressive.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One year ago I was winning several MTT's big field, adopting an aggressive raising very wide from late position even in the early. Whatever Ace, or K some Queens where almost a raise or 3BEt from late position. Now I've tightened up a little bit, and, the winrate it's the same. I cashing more constantly.

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
run it up early and keep applying pressure on smaller stacks.
be patient but not passive, you won't get paid with your aces if thats the first hand youve played in two orbits, you dig?