There are some hands at the right times that often make you want to stop playing!

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello cardschat family

Today in the afternoon in a site that I haven't played in PPPoker for a long time I see a freeroll, and well I said I'm going to play it.

Get into the ITM okay.

I'm in a difficult moment, I have 4 blinds left and well :ah4::6h4: comes in hand and I go allin. I am lucky that 5 villains enter the hand and the flop comes :kh4::3h4::4h4: and well I win at the showdown.

From having nothing to having 22 big blinds was quite an achievement.

The next hand I get :ac4::kc4: in MP 2 I raise 4 BB, the BB calls. I get a flop with :as4::2h4::5d4: favorable, to which I make a raise of 6 BB to which the BB pays and on the turn I go all in and BB folds.

Im happy had raised my stack to 34 blinds, quite an achievement after being almost dead.:):):)

2 hands pass and I find myself in UTG with :as4::ad4: "the dream hand". I make a raise of 4.5 BB and the CO goes all in, and I logically call.

There were 70 blinds in play, which was taking me to high places in the MTT trying to get me into good paying positions. The 1st place paid approximately US$300.

The CO shows :ac4::ks4: and the flop comes :qs4::10d4::6c4: and the turn :jh4: and I don't even tell them about the river because I wanted to flip the glass of beer I was drinking against the laptop monitor so much that they don't have an idea, in I really left with all the desire.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Logically good as always, then the anger passed.

But I write this because sometimes I see so many hand analyzes, if you played like that, if you were in BB or UTG, if the range, if the equity, the strategy, and many other things, and it's up to you a hand like that and all your teaching goes to the devil himself.

And if I'm not right, please someone show me with criteria that I'm not right in what I say.

Good luck and bad luck exist. And if we really deny it, we should just stop playing.

Greetings to all!!! and if you do not agree or you agree, leave me your comment.

Thanks Carlos:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Carlos. I do agree. as the saying goes. "Sh.t Happens" and yes there is good luck and bad luck and it just wasn't your turn..keep on playing. good luck...

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think things like this happen every day sometimes more than once in online games, this AM I was in a 'Battle Royale' tourney on GG Poker and first hand I get A9suited, there is one raiser before me I call the board comes A93, I check he bets I call , turn Q I check he bets I raise he calls , river 6 he jams I call. yep he has pocket 6s done and out.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
True, good luck and bad luck exist, but this applies to the short distance in the game.

You could very well be in the place of an opponent with a hand of AK - then you would have already outdrawn him with AA. And in doing so, you would play correctly with your AK...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Think about this: the strongest hand in poker has about 80% to win; Let's assume that you are playing the top of the range with an average equity of 70%, and let's say that you will be all-in about 10 times with these hands during the tournament. It's very easy to calculate the probability that you can win all 10 times, assuming that the shoves are against opponents with roughly equal stacks.

p^10 or about 3%

P=1-p^10=1-0.7^10=0.97 or 97% chances to lose...

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is quite the shove from villain with AK. Not sure i would have shoved in that spot, but it happens all the time. I think after being on the brink to then going on a nice streak, a bad beat such as this hurts more. To win MTT or tourneys, we have to survive these situations several times, i always think "at least i got it in ahead" what else can you do..

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello cardschat family

Today in the afternoon in a site that I haven't played in PPPoker for a long time I see a freeroll, and well I said I'm going to play it.

Get into the ITM okay.

I'm in a difficult moment, I have 4 blinds left and well :ah4::6h4: comes in hand and I go allin. I am lucky that 5 villains enter the hand and the flop comes :kh4::3h4::4h4: and well I win at the showdown.

The next hand I get :ac4::kc4: in MP 2 I raise 4 BB, the BB calls. I get a flop with :as4::2h4::5d4: favorable, to which I make a raise of 6 BB to which the BB pays and on the turn I go all in and BB folds.

Im happy had raised my stack to 34 blinds, quite an achievement after being almost dead.:):):)

2 hands pass and I find myself in UTG with :as4::ad4: "the dream hand". I make a raise of 4.5 BB and the CO goes all in, and I logically call.

There were 70 blinds in play, which was taking me to high places in the MTT trying to get me into good paying positions. The 1st place paid approximately US$300.

The CO shows :ac4::ks4: and the flop comes :qs4::10d4::6c4: and the turn :jh4: and I don't even tell them about the river because I wanted to flip the glass of beer I was drinking against the laptop monitor so much that they don't have an idea, in I really left with all the desire.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But I write this because sometimes I see so many hand analyzes, if you played like that, if you were in BB or UTG, if the range, if the equity, the strategy, and many other things, and it's up to you a hand like that and all your teaching goes to the devil himself.

And if I'm not right, please someone show me with criteria that I'm not right in what I say.

Good luck and bad luck exist. And if we really deny it, we should just stop playing.

Greetings to all!!! and if you do not agree or you agree, leave me your comment.

One of the most important aspects of poker is learning to not be so emotionally connected to loses-It is difficult to train ourselves to have a neutral reaction to these occurrences but it helps if we take the steps to do so- Jared Tendler has 2 excellent books -The Mental Game of Poker Vol 1-2. These may help

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
To win MTT or tourneys, we have to survive these situations several times
Even if you go all-in for your entire stack only 5 times during the tournament with hands that have an average equity of 70%, then the probability of losing is about 80%.

P=1-0.7^5=0.83 or 83%

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really think things like this happen every day sometimes more than once in online games, this AM I was in a 'Battle Royale' tourney on GG Poker and first hand I get A9suited, there is one raiser before me I call the board comes A93, I check he bets I call , turn Q I check he bets I raise he calls , river 6 he jams I call. yep he has pocket 6s done and out.
Hello brother, that's what I meant, you understand me.
What I am going for is that everything related to strategies, possibilities, equity, ranges, positions, etc. is very good. But he touches us a hand like mine or yours and everything goes to hell.
In other words, many times if we do not understand that poker is a game and that it is not chess where the only luck you can have is that your opponent on the day of the game has a fever of 41° and especially if it is Magnus Carlsen, then the rest is luck.
I am not saying that there are no statistics, it is true that 80% of the time you will win with AA but I cannot think about the tournament if that is the hand that I am going to lose, otherwise I think that I am within the 4 hands that I can win buts knowing that the possibility of losing is always there.
The only passing anger was that it came from 2 very good hands, and this was the hand to go to the front very well, and unfortunately it didn't happen.
My regards, brother:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It is quite the shove from villain with AK. Not sure i would have shoved in that spot, but it happens all the time. I think after being on the brink to then going on a nice streak, a bad beat such as this hurts more. To win MTT or tourneys, we have to survive these situations several times, i always think "at least i got it in ahead" what else can you do..
Hello brother.
We have no alternative.
Thank God I have also had very lucky hands that have led me to win a tournament.
What I mean is that many times in an MTT in textbook theory, we don't make the best decisions. But it still works if you win, as happened to the villain in this case.
For me, the manual played very badly. If in UTG I am opening with 4.5 BB and I am an aggressive player when I have to be, then he should have seen that situation and within a normal range the possibilities of cards that I had in hand were sure AA or KK not much plus.
But in the end, he liked his AK to go all in, he did it and won fair and square.
I'm not a bad loser on the contrary, I didn't like that situation I experienced, but as you say we should always get used to these situations.
Ultimately it's just a game
My regards, brother:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
One of the most important aspects of poker is learning to not be so emotionally connected to loses-It is difficult to train ourselves to have a neutral reaction to these occurrences but it helps if we take the steps to do so- Jared Tendler has 2 excellent books -The Mental Game of Poker Vol 1-2. These may help
Hello brother
hahaha don't worry, emotionally I'm a very prepared player and many situations like this happen.
The beer glass thing was kind of a joke, I would never do that.
What's more, those who know me know that I am very polite at a table, I always greet, congratulate my opponents, I have no problems in that regard.
Likewise, if I can download the books, I will read them, I assure you, more than anything to learn and, if possible, advise others. I like reading books.
Greetings brother Thank you:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
True, good luck and bad luck exist, but this applies to the short distance in the game.

You could very well be in the place of an opponent with a hand of AK - then you would have already outdrawn him with AA. And in doing so, you would play correctly with your AK...
Hello brother. First of all, congratulate you on how clear you are on this matter of fairness and possibilities, it really is clear that you are a student of the game and deserve my greatest respect.
I will give you my position, in this play the opponent did not play well for me, if you see the analysis of the play it is easy to realize, the only thing that I did not take into consideration in the hand is a very important factor, that I am a player that at least at the table I try to make myself respect. I make my bluffs, I'm very firm playing good hands, and I don't do crazy things. If you see that there is a player with these characteristics at the table, it is kind of crazy to go all in with AK knowing that there are 2 other AA or KK hands with more possibilities.
But anyway, the player did it and won, and something else.
This hand after many years of play led me to analyze that the problem is not really the cards you have in your hand, but the truth is only in the showdown.
After having read a lot about everything, including taking the course here, which is very good, I came to the final conclusion that the decision to make many times should not be based on the rules, but on seeing various situations hand in hand. which leads you to call or not call a hand to establish the best showdown.
Luck not only in the short term, but also in the long term must accompany you. I also don't base my game on luck, rather I try to base it on the opponent's mistake.
But in the end, many times the opponent makes a mistake that due to his luck, he gets a big hand, and you are out of the tournament.
And to this to continue playing, unfortunately we must get used to it.
Patience achieves everything in life.
greetings friend:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello cardschat family

Get into the ITM okay.

Pray for the K on the river is all you can do. I am playing the 250$ day1 on 888, got AA in UTG+1. loosy doosie UTG raises 2.2 BB and I thought here is the chance I was waiting for for about 1 hour. I 3bet to 6.3 BB, he calls, all other fold. Flop comes T22, he checks, I bet half pot, he calls. River is a K, he bets I 3 bet he shoves. I thought...Yes, he has AK, otherwise I have to pray for a Bernstein. No Bernstein, he has KK and the fish swims away with 90% of my stack. I'm back to almost starting chips, so fingers crossed next time luck will fall on my side.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Pray for the K on the river is all you can do. I am playing the 250$ day1 on 888, got AA in UTG+1. loosy doosie UTG raises 2.2 BB and I thought here is the chance I was waiting for for about 1 hour. I 3bet to 6.3 BB, he calls, all other fold. Flop comes T22, he checks, I bet half pot, he calls. River is a K, he bets I 3 bet he shoves. I thought...Yes, he has AK, otherwise I have to pray for a Bernstein. No Bernstein, he has KK and the fish swims away with 90% of my stack. I'm back to almost starting chips, so fingers crossed next time luck will fall on my side.
Hello brother
I understand you, when those hands fall against you they make you want to cry.
At least you have in favor that I think your villain played well.
I wait with his KK and the trio / set came out.
Let's hope this bad streak of ours passes
Cheers:):):):giggle::giggle::giggle:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
sometimes I have a hand like ten ten and I throw off that hand after I see a walt on the table

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is why poker attracts and is still played, that not always the best hand wins

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm so lucky with AA that 90% of the time I Fold and the other 10% I take the risk, I'm tired of losing with trips of 3, 4 or straight, I believe in wonderful days and bad days, excellent moments and regrettable moments, learn to live with both, believe and have stupendous games, always continue

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands