TheGeneral's Spin and Go grind

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just lost 4 more, I'm on a 15 game loss streak.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend, I know you know how to beat these! Snap out of it bro... Stop focusing on these small time results, play a full session before worrying about downswings. Play maybe a 20 game session then post an update, and make sure your sessions are no less than a half hour. You need to be 100% focused. It's not healthy for your psych after an 8 game downswing to post every 3 or so losses.

When you get shot in the leg, do you stay down and get shot at again? No! You get up, limp to shelter, recover, learn what got you shot, how to prevent it, and go out there wiser than before.

You know you have what it takes to beat this level, and so do I. So prove it to yourself:

- Play optimally
- Reduce variance
- Prevent flips whenever you can
- Stop a bad/tilt-prone session
- Clear your mind before playing
- Get back on the battlefront and kick some arse

Best of luck bro, I'm rooting for you! :D

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend, I know you know how to beat these! Snap out of it bro... Stop focusing on these small time results, play a full session before worrying about downswings. Play maybe a 20 game session then post an update, and make sure your sessions are no less than a half hour. You need to be 100% focused. It's not healthy for your psych after an 8 game downswing to post every 3 or so losses.

When you get shot in the leg, do you stay down and get shot at again? No! You get up, limp to shelter, recover, learn what got you shot, how to prevent it, and go out there wiser than before.

You know you have what it takes to beat this level, and so do I. So prove it to yourself:

- Play optimally
- Reduce variance
- Prevent flips whenever you can
- Stop a bad/tilt-prone session
- Clear your mind before playing
- Get back on the battlefront and kick some arse

Best of luck bro, I'm rooting for you! :D

Where did Cardschat find this guy? He's ****ing awesome! I tend to play for hours a day but that day was particularly brutal for me, I was already mad from busting out of a deep run in the Sunday Million satellite ( I was in first place)

Anyway I got my shit together, I dropped down to 0.50 for the sake of my mental health. The results are as follows ( check graph after last major downswing)

f92948bb476c3891e74ebde4b7a1f27f.png

I'm so close to crossing over that ever elusive Net expected Chip EV line

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where did Cardschat find this guy? He's ****ing awesome! I tend to play for hours a day but that day was particularly brutal for me, I was already mad from busting out of a deep run in the Sunday Million satellite ( I was in first place)

Thanks bro! :D

Those Sunday Million satties are brutal! I've made 5 final satties and lost them all. Quick blind levels, everyone's so nitty, you double up once or twice in the short amount of time you could, then the blinds rise like hell and there's nothing you can do about it- It's a flip show! The other levels are easier, 1st Sat's a breeze, 2nd Sat you've gotta be smart but still not that bad, but the 3rd/final sat is tough.

But anyways, that's how it usually happens: (Sub-expected result + Unlucky run outs= Tilt= -EV= Downswings)

Your trends going in the right direction, I like what I'm seeing. Maybe start off your session with $0.50's? Or with 1 table, then move on to more? That's how I usually do it, 1 table then 2 then 4 once I'm on a roll.

Best of luck for today :)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the satellites that cost money so it's 1500k starting stack and just a normal turbo so it's not too bad. The FPP ones are just too expensive, and the three round ones takes too long imo.

I actually just play 0.50 mostly, but to help with the bad luck at the $1 tables, I open up 3x$0.50 and 1x$1 half the time I,m not even sure which table is the dollar :D it worked well for me and I'm back to smashing it.

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the satellites that cost money so it's 1500k starting stack and just a normal turbo so it's not too bad. The FPP ones are just too expensive, and the three round ones takes too long imo.

I actually just play 0.50 mostly, but to help with the bad luck at the $1 tables, I open up 3x$0.50 and 1x$1 half the time I,m not even sure which table is the dollar :D it worked well for me and I'm back to smashing it.

A little self-psychology never did any harm ;)

That's a pretty genius tactic. If the $1 Buy-ins cause you too much head ache, playing a little roulette helps ease the pain. I like it, +1 to you for the idea. Good luck today as well :)

Zupek

Zupek

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe paste some hands from your spin and go plays and we can recomend you something? But anyway on 0.5$ and 1$ buyin u gotta be patience, cause there are so many idiots that would go every hand AI preflop etc. Try to build better bankroll and start at 3$ spin go, my humble advise

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some updates for you guys :)
718822f59736b635614f29a1078d5803.png

I ****ed the downswing straight in the behind and pushed forward.

22bbd32974e86d13a7cfd01be7f0ceb3.png

Also got a little bored of the varience it was doing my head in so I played 6max 2nl 6tabling today and well.....

d877e0811f25a5aa3738f5a6f572edf5.png

cfc535e012a06128bbe94d897110382c.png

Suffice to say, it went rather well.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't even see a downswing there tbh, but poker is a bit of a bitch, you can play great and go on massive downswings, so ease up on looking into why it's happening, and focus more on just playing each hand as it comes to the best of your ability.

Also, getting into the habit of NOT looking at graphs is going to be a really good idea, it is pretty hard to do, but if you are able to not look at them very much, it leaves your mind clear to just be able to play poker and not worry about all the other things that come with it...

gl

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of wise words in the the above post, looking at graphs and bankroll is THE biggest fish trait that I have, I simply cannot bring my self to stop doing it. Problem is, I actually suffer really quite badly from OCD and if I don't keep checking then my brain makes playing very uncomfortable for me. Also makes playing hard sometimes. Ive managed to make it better than it used to be so there is improvement. I wonder if posting about it in here might help me not check my graph and bankroll constantly. Luckily it doesn't make me do things like "call when I know I'm beat" but it does make me constantly open up bank roll and tracking software which distracts me from my game. I really wish I could get this under control.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update on my 2n ventures, safe to say at 19/BB I'm absolutely crushing. Tbh my play is relatively variance free at this stake, I'm table selecting like a mother ****er, and grabbing every Jesus seat I can. Just wrecking fish tbh. The nits are just so bad as well, easy to steal pots from with ATC.

18e1c167581145168c54615c239abb44.png

e0b2d56b2d22591f125cdf66fd916379.png

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pink denotes fish. Anyone jealous of this table?
1272a9ed5a90690147a28830ef258efe.jpg