STT & MTT Video Review Thread

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also do you cut the video to include non-interesting hands?

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can see this helping STT but to analyze MTT's would take a lot of "tape so to speak"
Maybe sweat each other would be better for you MTT play but idk.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will for sure put up a few here in the near(<?) future. Way too busy with work at the moment.
Most likely will do a vid. w 4-6 tables (mtt) on the screen (maybe even a CC game thrown in the mix)
It's not likely to happen before Christmas though :(
Ok cool PO, I can totally understand the work flow! Looking forward to see you in action in the future tho!:D
I'll try and do one in next week. Could anyone advise me on how I would make a video?
I will PM you on this!
Also do you cut the video to include non-interesting hands?
I use to but I don't anymore I just adjust the clip speed so I show the whole game. Ex. I take an 1.5 hr video and turn it into 30 to 35 mins.
I can see this helping STT but to analyze MTT's would take a lot of "tape so to speak"
Maybe sweat each other would be better for you MTT play but idk.
True Joe, but I was thinking for MTT show a breakdown view. You know like Start tourney play, Mid tourney play and FT tourney play. Something like that.
Sweat sessions can be good also!

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basic Micro SnG tourney's to add to your BR and move to the next level. Mainly a Cash and Go for me. Will add a few MTT tourneys also. Still working out some details so stay tuned and please comment.
Wow, nice job.
Here are the comments of the dutch jury.
I would be glad if there will be responses to this if i'm somewhere completely wrong in my thinking/comments.

01:06 A8o would have folded too

03:00 AKs BB 30, I'd just make it 90, as played I would probably kept Cbet kinda smaller, think 160 (into a pot of 255).

05:50 99 dunno bout the call after the shove. Wouldn't fold, but do we want to see the other caller get to see a flop ? :confused: As played, think I would bet a little more on the flop after making the set (think 430 into pot of 1762). Think I would have bet the turn too, instead of the check.

08:33 Wonder what you would have done if there was no raise to 800 with 33 on the button.

08:53 I would not limp with A6o. I would either shove or fold, but I tend to shove. I wouldn't just rase to say 1000 because of the stack left to you. Think I would shove there.

10:00 A4o dunno, any experts ?? complete or shove ?? or even give a walk ?
Think I would shove but certainly not complete.

10:30 A6o on the button, just a shove to me.

10:56 AA you're minraising (40 % of stack) and committed if called by the BB.
I would just shove.Minraising here screams "CALL ME".

11:20 QQ I would go over the top and shove.

Next hand idem dito.

12:34 87o , leak in my game fixed by PO, but am sure I would fold there. Read the comment of PO though and am pretty sure it's a shove. Plenty of FE and in case of a call, even if we lose, chances are still there we get 3rd place.

13:00 A4o 3-handed I would shove there from the SB. Result remains the same thouhg.
Nb, I'm certainly not an expert, so again, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong.
It's a learning proces after all.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah.......yeah.I know the update really sucks but for the time being I still play there and still have no problem winning there. I am 4/5 in these tourneys since they came about and they are pretty easy! New Anon. tables and all! Take a look and please comment.
http://www.screencast.com/users/NEW...lt/media/db266143-b262-4d85-831d-27152ee5764a

2:01 AKs slighlty bigger I prefer at least 70. I'd like to know your thinking of betting the turn when the 7 hits? Delayed continuation bet? I prefer check/call on river, raising seems pointless.

3:50 I'm tempted to squeeze (until I saw he had Kings lol ). As played def fold flop. I think I even prefer just to check flop rather than bet 1/4 pot.

7:49 don't limp, just fold pre.

9:20 no need to call min bet, just let it go.

9:50 I'm tempted to shove pre and increase stack by 26% with small risk.

16:07 what range do you put him on and why is the K a good card to shove on? call pre is a bit meh as well.

23:52 I raise smaller. If you plan on folding if shoved on raise the min you can get away with. no need to put in so much of your stack.

25:30 I probably raise ATC here just to steal since 5 doesn't really seem to want to defend his blinds.

33:34 I just go ahead and raise like 2.2xBB.

34:12 Raise, he clearly isn't defending and has not adjusted once all game

34:19 Raise

35:10 blinds 200/400 you raise from sb to 1200, far too big a raise. Whats your plan if shoved on? Only thing you can do against this player is fold and lose a big chunk of your stack.

36:20 limp is completely illogical, just abuse this player relentlessly. He shows absolutely no signs of adjusting so I don't get why you limp? then you bet 1200 into a pot of 960? A bet of like 700 would have bene just as effective although I suppose it doesn't paticularly matter in this spot as we call a shove whatever we bet.

36:37 I just carry on raising alot, if they call most of the time you take it away on the flop

38:25 raise ATC for reasons already stated

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will probably try and make a vid in the near future

Subbing

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2:01 AKs slighlty bigger I prefer at least 70. I'd like to know your thinking of betting the turn when the 7 hits? Delayed continuation bet? I prefer check/call on river, raising seems pointless. Why 70? Yes the turn bet was a c/bet, actually was looking for the c/c or c/f on the flop, check/call river why? Both limped and checked flop so apparently they are weak so we bet for value because at this point I place them on a sm pr (lower than tens) or a draw hand, as for the river not per say a raise but I don't like the min bet here, just looks to fishy, figured if we were good on the turn we are still good at the river, why not gain a little.

3:50 I'm tempted to squeeze (until I saw he had Kings lol ). As played def fold flop. I think I even prefer just to check flop rather than bet 1/4 pot. I've been beat so many times jammin this hand, I can see checking the flop but we have 2nd best kicker so I say it's worth a decent bet but with a raise and reraise I knew we were behind AQ and KK, possible QQ also.

7:49 don't limp, just fold pre. I agree, I could here PO saying "Fold that junk" lol Woulda won the hand tho! lol

9:20 no need to call min bet, just let it go. Agree

9:50 I'm tempted to shove pre and increase stack by 26% with small risk. If folded to that was my plan!:D

16:07 what range do you put him on and why is the K a good card to shove on? call pre is a bit meh as well. Player is very tight, I put him on overs here, AQ-AT,even KQ, QJ, flop puts me at around 80 %, turn (K) I drop to 60-65 %, I'm thinking this is good enough to push and thinking of playing the player (tight) and not only the cards, was sure I could take it with a shove. The call pre, just trying to mix in a few draw hands (connectors) that's all.

23:52 I raise smaller. If you plan on folding if shoved on raise the min you can get away with. no need to put in so much of your stack. It was folded to me and the players to my left are both tight/passive so basically look to steal blinds here. Nothing less than 3x here imo but I could be wrong.:)

25:30 I probably raise ATC here just to steal since 5 doesn't really seem to want to defend his blinds. Considered

33:34 I just go ahead and raise like 2.2xBB. K2o against player 6? Umm...

34:12 Raise, he clearly isn't defending and has not adjusted once all game Agree

34:19 Raise Again J5o against player 6? Umm....

35:10 blinds 200/400 you raise from sb to 1200, far too big a raise. Whats your plan if shoved on? Only thing you can do against this player is fold and lose a big chunk of your stack. Remember this player does not defend so we steal as often as we can against him, if he shove we fold and pick it right back up.

36:20 limp is completely illogical, just abuse this player relentlessly. He shows absolutely no signs of adjusting so I don't get why you limp? then you bet 1200 into a pot of 960? A bet of like 700 would have bene just as effective although I suppose it doesn't paticularly matter in this spot as we call a shove whatever we bet. Yeah I was just messing around with this dude. lol

36:37 I just carry on raising alot, if they call most of the time you take it away on the flop True

38:25 raise ATC for reasons already stated Dito
Thanks for the review!:)

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winter League Video Review!

CC's Winter League is here! Congrats to all that are playing. League can be a great learning session and we have a lot of new players this season, so with that being said feel free to post videos for review of league play! Need help send me a PM or comment here! GL all

prepare

prepare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll post videos.

I probably need the help in the early stages, since my strategy before was just to play really tight in the beginning, now that won't work because were starting short handed.

Good luck, I hope more people do this.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll post videos.

I probably need the help in the early stages, since my strategy before was just to play really tight in the beginning, now that won't work because were starting short handed.

Good luck, I hope more people do this.
Sounds good Prepare, look to hearing from you and GL to ya!

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subscribing. I play cash much more often than STT/MTT since I don't always have the time to devote to a tourney (what's the opposite of a grinder). But I enjoy tourneys and try to keep up on strategy. I'd love to join in and get some feedback. (I'll also be happy to give feedback, but it may be more questions than answers.)

I know zero about making and posting videos though. Is there a tutorial posted somewhere on CC about how to do it.

I use PT3. Is there a way to post the hand replayer?

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Subscribing. I play cash much more often than STT/MTT since I don't always have the time to devote to a tourney (what's the opposite of a grinder). But I enjoy tourneys and try to keep up on strategy. I'd love to join in and get some feedback. (I'll also be happy to give feedback, but it may be more questions than answers.)

I know zero about making and posting videos though. Is there a tutorial posted somewhere on CC about how to do it.

I use PT3. Is there a way to post the hand replayer?
I will do a quick tutorial on how to record and post a video. However at the moment I cant get my audio to work properly on the PC I use for this sort of thing. But I will do an on-screen instruction view of how to do it. Yes you can post the video hand replayer from PT3, I will try to include this in the video also.

Oh and Jurn8 has a Cash game video study group review going on now. Check his thread out, and be sure to tell him I sent you! lol

thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will do a quick tutorial on how to record and post a video. However at the moment I cant get my audio to work properly on the PC I use for this sort of thing. But I will do an on-screen instruction view of how to do it. Yes you can post the video hand replayer from PT3, I will try to include this in the video also.

Oh and Jurn8 has a Cash game video study group review going on now. Check his thread out, and be sure to tell him I sent you! lol

Please do! I think I have what you need but I just don't know the process of making the videos like you do.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill put a video up at some point

prepare

prepare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do any of you guys know know how to compress a video?

my first game, it has some nuggets

like, what to do when you have a big stack
and, what not to do when you have a big stack.

I just checked and it's going to take about 2 hours for it to upload, then after that someone will have to download a whole 1.4 GB, I wouldn't even want to do that, Any better alternatives?

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do any of you guys know know how to compress a video?

my first game, it has some nuggets

like, what to do when you have a big stack
and, what not to do when you have a big stack.

I just checked and it's going to take about 2 hours for it to upload, then after that someone will have to download a whole 1.4 GB, I wouldn't even want to do that, Any better alternatives?
What program did you use?

prepare

prepare

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
camtasia, but its saved in .avi format