strategy for early chip leader

M

MakeUcryalot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally during the early parts its best to wait for the absolute best spot before going in, since you can afford it. I'll tighten up so much that I'll only call monsters in or out of position while waiting for the absolute best spot to make a huge win. I'm talking QQ+ AQ+ on the button tight. A lot of people might recommend being super aggressive, and I'm fairly new and inexperienced so if anyone thinks this is dumb please tell me. We're all here to learn. Good luck homie.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pssh, who cares about taking an early chip lead?

Just play optimally given each situation, get max value for your big hands, pick up blinds and unwanted pots, and your stack will grow.

Getting an early chip lead doesn't mean you're guaranteed a win. Sure it makes a little easier to play when you do have a large stack, but I think it's unnecessary to focus on getting one. If it happens, it happens.

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then u take early chip lead u can play more agressive after flop for stealing pot.
But agressive game can bring many problems to ur cause of calling many BB on preflop with bad cards and then fold after flop. Cause of that u gonna loose ur stack.
Just play tight and be sure in success.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think if you know how play Loose Aggressive Style you should play like that, but i heard that this style bring you benefin on long distance so if you ready go go go.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
play your game, but use the stack against players who are playing tight and short stacked.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some chip leaders try to startle you by pushed all-in on the rubbish flop. Often I catch sight of chips leader luck, when he go ATo against my AKs on the flop Q68 than turn come Q and river come 6 and we just split the bank...I hate this situations.
What about strategy? As for me I prefer play more tight in very earlier stage (if I made chip leading at the start) and level by level I will increase hand range.