Chips
I steal only when i know who want's go in bubble ,but this is not good

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not have any sence to protect blind in the early tournament,when you have 100 bbs.It is beter in the late tournament when your stack is not so large and you need to risk.

B

bojax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really think of a raise with 60 big blinds behind with T9s from the button to be stealing. It's simply a combination of fold equity and showdown equity which make a preflop raise profitable. If they call more and 3 bet less from the blinds when I raise, then I open raise quite wide. If they 3 bet more and call less, then I tighten up preflop a bit from my default ranges.

With shorter stacks, I raise less often, but when I do raise then I'm shoving at <18 big blinds. The shorter my stack is, the more often I shove.

S

SamBush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early levels chips lost are more vital than chips earned however when the antes are in play youll get a much better price and prize for your steal and you should have built up a solid image to exploit.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I definately dont try and steal blinds in early levels, probably wait until the ante's start, although this might be a bit tight it will display good solid image. This also depends on the type of tournament you are playing. E.g in a 10000 player freeroll it probably is not worth trying to display that image, as a lot of the people there do not even understand table image. Gl to you however and wherever you play..........:D :D :D

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best to steal the blinds on the bubble of the tournament. Players are afraid to eliminate before of prizes and was released. Usually on the bubble blinds are at least of something and my strategy is to push even with medium-strength hands on the bubble. This is a great way to increase your stack before of the prizes.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it is your reg. tournament, play very agro when ante and near to buble, but if tournament is special for u ( for big part of your BR) it is hard to play this way

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well when I see a player always trying to steal the blinds I`ll wait and shove allin and usely they will fold after betting over

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well when I see a player always trying to steal the blinds I`ll wait and shove allin and usely they will fold after betting over

Shoving all in seems quite a bad strategy if that's what you do to active steals.

L

LoneWolf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but in a table with so much maniac, In my oppinion shoving is sometime better choice than attemp a steal raise

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to steal the
blinds with players with the
same stack as you and also
have a tight player to steal the
blinds need in a position to
estimate the situation

B

bizzsky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
assuming it's not a free roll, or low stake buy-in
I always like the squeeze play. say you're close to button or on and blnids are pretty big, if a lot player limped then ill shove - all in

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
assuming it's not a free roll, or low stake buy-in
I always like the squeeze play. say you're close to button or on and blnids are pretty big, if a lot player limped then ill shove - all in

That's not a squeeze play. What you are describing I call "punishing the limpers"

A true squeeze play is when 1 player open raises and a 2nd player flats the raise then you come over the top with a 3bet. This a really great play when the opening raiser opens a lot of pots because the chance of him having a premium hand is low...and since the other player elected to flat instead of raise he is also unlikely to have a premium hand.

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When my stack drops down to about 20-30BB I feel the urge to constantly steal blinds every time I have the chance to. Tight players on SB and BB are good targets. However it is not a good idea to steal with trash hands like 72o or 83o unless you have a very good reason to do so (like you have a huge stack or your opponent is extreme tight).