dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is not to say that they are unfavorable for regular income; the main thing is to organize the right approach.You will only play against two or three opponents, and if the game is tied, you will receive one prize in three games. This is not enough, so your preparation should be a level higher than that of most opponents, and it will be enough for you to win two out of three events to be in the black. You will have to try your best to win each tournament and, thanks to the presence of recreational opponents, you can achieve excellent results through a competent strategy for spin and go.

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'd say that you can win much more per time played doing tournaments. All that at the cost of variance of cause. SNG's tend to be more REG infested, tournaments attract more funplayers.
That said, I'd always go for tournaments over the SNG grind.

Btw: Unlike the microstakes rush and cash tables on GGpoker, the spin and gold tables are super soft at the micros. Lots of nits, fishes and maniacs there. And the best thing: you can find out simply by having a look at their all time spin and gold statistics. I played some hundred of the 0.25$ spin and gold. I ran super duper terrible and still got 36% wins overall. I suggest trying that out.

Ps: I saw players with overall stats like: 40% 1st, 36% 2nd and 24% 3rd which is normally just impossible.

Last edited:
S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd do both to be honest. SnG will bring you a steady income if you're good in it and with that you can fuel tournament play where you just might hit big now and then.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
different disciplines, or play on different days, or determine what is more important to you - pleasure or money

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner, I would advise playing Sit & Go; there are no such rapidly changing circumstances as in tournaments, where you can be transferred from one table to another 10 times. You have a goal, to get into 3 places out of 9 or 2 out of 6 and you go towards it by analyzing the players at the table, everyone has equal conditions and chances of winning initially, and in tournaments the specifics of the game are different, you can win a lot of chips and wait prize zone.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sit and go is a good format to get used to the tournament rhythm without getting knocked out early, you can build up experience.

HistrionCriollo

HistrionCriollo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I don't know which is better, but I've read that the recommendation is to practice one and become a master of that game. I think you should play the one you find the most fun.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like so much to play tournament because is more interesting.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
play where you play best if you win there just play and make money it's cool if you're the best at something just have fun and earn money then spend it on what you need in life I always choose what I'm best at and it's more beneficial