Start at the beginning or Late entry

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always start as early as possible. When the blinds are small in relation to stack sizes there is more skill involved and less of a luck factor.

A

amirigoyen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question, I always start late but i will try beggining and check hows going.

S

Soulguard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do register from the start of the tournaments... dont like to late req. but as I see many of the regulars and the pros start using late reg. more because they dont want to loose 1-2 hours of deep slow tournaments for getting their stack up by 20-30bb early so when it gets late its just 1-3bb which they think its not worth it... I see the idea.. it can be done eather way

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like late reg,than is more action and time for steal blinds��

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning,so you do not catch fell to the winds...

L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to the group and looking forward having another resource for info.

Something to think about..
Do you prefer to start tournaments at the beginning or do you join late for a reason?

I try to hold tournaments from the start, from the very beginning.
Of course, for some reason, I do not have time before the tournament, and already have to play differently.

drejva11

drejva11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its better to start at the beginning, because you can start to build a stack and cover the blinds, and if you fail at start and bust out, you can even re-enter if its avaliable.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fish are usually the first people out of a tourney, you want to play hands with the fish- when you reg late you trade playing with the worst players for playing with the best.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start early.if you are good player. Start latr if you are not

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends how comfortable you are playing deepstack, although I can advise learning how to play it. There's lots of chips to win early on. Especially with bountybuilders you want to register within 30minutes of playing imo.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early reg. is best so you can feel out the players, but of course if the blinds aren't too high it can work out ok. But early reg. def better!!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh my goodness, what a great question! If I wanna commit and win, I have to start at the beginning. Be focused, but a snipe or ACR makes so much more sense, since the long registration. I hate the 5 hour late reg, but I find myself much more commited, if I start at the beginning! Good luck on the felts!

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I prefer to play at the start of a tournament,,,and i think late reg should be abolished,,,it serves no purpose,other than to make more money for the website. :pcguru: And that is no concern of mine!

I think that Late Reg. helps to build up much larger prizepools, therefore attracting more players. It also brings in many weaker players who are often joining late in hopes of getting lucky.
Although I personally don't like how long they have some of the late reg. these days as it also tends to turn some customers away. (maybe 1hr. might be optimal)

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you enter much at the end of the late registration you will have a smaller steck in relation to the others, I think a disadvantage.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me it depends on the size of stack in big blinds in the beginning and how long the late reg is. I love playing deepstacks, so usually I reg from the beginning. But for example in the recent series in MPN network some deepstack tournaments gave you a stack of 500 big blinds :eek: and 3 hours of late reg, so honestly I didn't see any reason to play it from the beginning. So I regged somewhere in the second hour.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to focus on where I finish. Much more important than where I start. ;)

Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early so you can build your stack or else you’ll have the people that built their stack in the beginning raising, going all in, 3 and 4 betting and intimidating you out of the tournament just as fast as you got in. If you have no choice and you catch it late then just be prepared to make some pretty bold moves to stay in and get to that final table. If it’s a big game and your serious about it start early. Good luck! 😉

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
depending on the tournament, but usually I enter from the beginning, so I study my opponents a bit more

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well this is a good question. it depends on your experience level. if you are a really good player then its ok to wait till later in reg to come in,but if you are just a beginner you should enter early

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how good you are. The better players should enter early as it gives them the best opportunity to build their stack. The rest of us probably do better entering late and relying more on luck to double/triple up, or bust.

that's how I feel. I probably in that boat. I hate starting at the beginning and having 3 hours of late reg. that's a long time to play a tourney.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have the time for a long haul, I prefer to start at the beginning.

But some big tournaments can go on for 8+ hours, so I do like to join those late.

I think I recall Phil Hellmuth carrying on about people who join late, but seems to me one pays a price, I mean they are jumping into bigger blinds etc. So I think it's fair to join late.

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only been grinding low stakes MTTs for about a week now, but I prefer late regging with around 20-30BB. It makes my decisions a lot easier because I'm generally looking to go all-in first or fold. Especially at the lower stakes where opponents aren't playing optimally. If you lose a flip or run into a stronger hand and bust with 10-20BB, at least you know you probably didn't make a mistake.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spent a lot of time using the late registration because I had a different view of poker.Today I do a warm up and prepare mentally before starting a little screen, playing from the beginning having more chance to get lucky (opportunity more knowledge) ..