spin n go or max holdem?

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Neither! If you like short handed games, go with the 4 / 6-max or Heads Up SnG's. You will have less rake, and more consistent play from your opponents (A lot less all in donkeys). The skills and techniques you use from these types of games also transfer over well into your full ring SnG's and to MTT's , with some adjustments. I have been playing a lot of short handed games lately. My patience is not where it needs to be for me to be successful at any larger tournaments right now.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play spin n go only for fun, sometimes when i'm tilted to relax, or when im short with time , dont like max at all, but if you don't have pacinec to play long tours i think 18 players sit n go is way better

R

Rishlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm lucky enough to get down to the last 2 in a spin and go, then its favourable. The the intial 3 players at the start is more gambling for me and I tend to call on anything,

K

kronz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
that rake tho

Is it just me, or is the rake for the spin n go max rather large on most occasions? For instance: 8 man $1 spin with prizes being $1.5 / $2 / $7 with second place receiving $1.5. Picking either of the shallow prizes just seems absolutely terrible for the player.

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it just me, or is the rake for the spin n go max rather large on most occasions? For instance: 8 man $1 spin with prizes being $1.5 / $2 / $7 with second place receiving $1.5. Picking either of the shallow prizes just seems absolutely terrible for the player.
I feel that way about normal spin n go every 1/ 10 games is with multiplier if you don't win those you won't be making profit.Stars are making a ton of money on spin n go that's why there are challenges for spin n go every day.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still prefer spin n go, because you win from your 2 opponents and receive the prize, the problem of spin n go Max is that besides winning from your opponents ranging from 3 to 8 opponents you must choose which prize you will take and it is not always the maximum prize.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the sits of 6 or 9 players, i think that in spin there is a lot of variance.I think that playing HU is better option that spin, spin have received a lot publicity, and i do not think it is a good option.
I have seen the stories of players who started at 025 and are now playing $ 100 spin.
But have you wondered when players have lost all their money in the spin?

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion about Spin and Go. Spin and Go is a very dispersive game, a lot depends on luck. You can sometimes play for fun, but no more.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I need to be able to play both in MTT and in Spin N Go and to practice in these disciplines.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the auto all in after a certain number of hands and the whole choosing prizes. The winner prize should be pre determined before start of game and not a choice from three at end.

Totally agree with your argument! It is the same game as Blast (888poker). We call this gambling. So that is why I love more to play Spin and Go, instead of being unlucky so many times..

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is really big variance in spins so if you want to grind them,play a lot of them like 4 tables at once to minimize variance and make more profit

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules