So a sit out player quadruples up due to sheer stupidity.

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what are the stack sizes in this case?

GOTHEART

GOTHEART

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You learned the hard way that a lot of players simply "have no clue". I also had to learn that lesson.

So now, in similar situations, I type in chat for someone to please raise the sitters big blind. I do it when the sitter is the small blind and, usually, someone raises.

But not always. This situation especially stinks when I am so short stacked that I can't raise.... I am holding out for the sitter to be gone so that I make the cash!

Anyway you can never be surprised at how badly other people play because that will just drive you nuts!

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See the reason why I folded my hand was to allow the other players to raise, if I check then maybe I am trapping? Or maybe I have a hand that I would be calling a min raise with?

I had around 3000 chips with 200/400 blinds. I had a terrible hand something like 93 only reason why I played it was because I knew making the call guarantees me to see the flop since the BB wont raise. Min raise before the flop makes no sense because many of the times limping in on these blind levels means a trap.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A min bet from you on the river is correct. If you get raised it is soooo easy for you to fold because you have nothing. If you get called at least the sitter bleeds. If they all fold you improve your situation. Everything to gain by increasing your stack 50% and only risking 13% of your stack to do it.

If you actually had 1 crappy pair, then checking and hoping to win at showdown would be ideal. But since you have nothing, min betting the river is the highest EV play.

Last edited:
R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See the reason why I folded my hand was to allow the other players to raise, if I check then maybe I am trapping? Or maybe I have a hand that I would be calling a min raise with?

I had around 3000 chips with 200/400 blinds. I had a terrible hand something like 93 only reason why I played it was because I knew making the call guarantees me to see the flop since the BB wont raise. Min raise before the flop makes no sense because many of the times limping in on these blind levels means a trap.
no bc you would be betting it but it is indifferent the big thing is how much would a bet risk from people's stacks

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A min bet from you on the river is correct. If you get raised it is soooo easy for you to fold because you have nothing. If you get called at least the sitter bleeds. If they all fold you improve your situation. Everything to gain by increasing your stack 50% and only risking 13% of your stack to do it.

If you actually had 1 crappy pair, then checking and hoping to win at showdown would be ideal. But since you have nothing, min betting the river is the highest EV play.
its a factor of if you are freerolling and how much but heavily stack dependant

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think that if a player is sitting out his hand should be dead preflop unless he is all in. so in your case assuming your not playing at pokerstars, both players were afraid to bet because the blinds were expensive enough, and also because bluffing was a possibility if the bet is weak.

Bowman26

Bowman26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since when does the dead money at the table not get hammered? Although I have seen this same thing happen before though not at a SNG but a MTT. Usually someone is always trying to steal the BB from whoever is sitting out. You should have made a bet IMO since no one showed any strength.