R

ReaDen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Situation:
It was the last round before the rebuyphase ends and the Blinds double.
There were 5 players left in a SNG with Rebuy.
The Enemy has a 4 BB Stack in SB and the Hero has a 18BB (Chiplead) Stack in MP.

Preflop:
Hero raise to 2,5 BB (to steal the Blinds with Strong Hand)
CO/BTN fold
Enemy All-In (4BB) (He just pushed because he wanted to use the last chance of rebuy. )
BB fold
Hero Call?

2 Questions:

1. Should I raise Preflop to set up a trap for the enemy to go All-in? Because I want to maximize my Stack or Should I fold Preflopto prevent him from rebuying? Otherwise he has to double up a few times to play a reasonable stack? And dont get the chance of rebuying with a 20BB Stack (10BB in the next hand because of the Blindlevel).

2. General strategy: Is it more important for me to collect chips or should I try to minimize my opponents at the table.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Situation:
It was the last round before the rebuyphase ends and the Blinds double.
There were 5 players left in a SNG with Rebuy.
The Enemy has a 4 BB Stack in SB and the Hero has a 18BB (Chiplead) Stack in MP.

Preflop:
Hero raise to 2,5 BB (to steal the Blinds with Strong Hand)
CO/BTN fold
Enemy All-In (4BB) (He just pushed because he wanted to use the last chance of rebuy. )
BB fold
Hero Call?

2 Questions:

1. Should I raise Preflop to set up a trap for the enemy to go All-in? Because I want to maximize my Stack or Should I fold Preflopto prevent him from rebuying? Otherwise he has to double up a few times to play a reasonable stack? And dont get the chance of rebuying with a 20BB Stack (10BB in the next hand because of the Blindlevel).

2. General strategy: Is it more important for me to collect chips or should I try to minimize my opponents at the table.
You gave a lot of information, but nothing is really informative.

How are the payouts steps, are you far away from the money, ICM considerations, and so on.

It depends, 44 is a strong hand against deuces, and so on.

1. With strong hands (top 6% of all hand) a raise is always the right way, and that is no steal (5handed is UTG = HJ, so this is no steal)

2. Both

Last edited:
R

ReaDen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
You gave a lot of information, but nothing is really informative.

How are the payouts are you far
The payouts are first get 70% and 2nd gets 30% .
It was relativ early in the tournament.

My main reason was to build a stack and to maximize the prizepool because i was chip lead.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The payouts are first get 70% and 2nd gets 30% .
It was relativ early in the tournament.

My main reason was to build a stack and to maximize the prizepool because i was chip lead.
So still a lot to play when they guy rebuys still 4 players to kill.
Hard to estimate; I bet all short and 20 bigs on your side is not an invulnerable stack against a good aggressive push and fold player.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think in this situation you can raise as you did, or shove hoping to pick up the blinds.

Without knowing the other stacks I would make an assumption that maybe at least one of the stacks could hurt your stack.....so in this situation a fold is also OK I think. If players are playing tight and trying to survive then you should raise, but if you have seen quite a lot of random calling then you can maybe just fold for a better spot!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless the tournament has an overlay, which SnGs never do, its not a consideration to prevent people from rebuying. If they do (or a new player enter), there are more chips, you need to win to win the tournament. But the price pool will also get bigger, so it does not really matter. Also even if you fold, someone else might play, and the short stack could still bust and rebuy.

So you simply need to play your hand and not worry about, what the short stack does. With 18BB we should almost always min-raise hands, we want to play. But if everbody behind had 15BB or less, then you could have an open showing range. This is why, its important to mention the stacks of all players on the table and not just those involved in the hand.