mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello CC friends,

I am working on studying Small Blind (SB) vs Big Blind (BB) spots in tournament poker. What is your best advice on each of these positions?

Some of the spots I want to look at are these:
  • When it is limped to you in the SB or BB
  • When it is folded to you in the SB or BB
  • When facing a raise in the SB or BB
Thanks!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think there is no big secret and the standard play in these positions goes something like this: When your opponent is limping too often from SB to BB, you should protect your big blind from such players by raising to 3-3.5bb with a fairly wide range of hands. very effective and in most cases, if your opponent doesn't have a good hand, he will simply fold!!!
If your opponent plays tight and allows you to steal his blinds, you raise 2.5-3bb from the small blind with a wide range of hands, but if your opponent defends too aggressively, you should narrow your raising range!!!
Also, your range and spectrum depend on the stage of the tournament and the number of chips. There is absolutely no point in trying to steal the blinds at the very beginning of the tournament when their value is small!!!

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think there is no big secret and the standard play in these positions goes something like this: When your opponent is limping too often from SB to BB, you should protect your big blind from such players by raising to 3-3.5bb with a fairly wide range of hands. very effective and in most cases, if your opponent doesn't have a good hand, he will simply fold!!!
If your opponent plays tight and allows you to steal his blinds, you raise 2.5-3bb from the small blind with a wide range of hands, but if your opponent defends too aggressively, you should narrow your raising range!!!
Also, your range and spectrum depend on the stage of the tournament and the number of chips. There is absolutely no point in trying to steal the blinds at the very beginning of the tournament when their value is small!!!
Thank you for the thoughtful response! I appreciate your advice. I think I may be overcomplicating it because I seem to have a tendency to lose money in those positions.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hey! I'm starting to use gtowizard, it has a lot of free tools that you could use. Is a little bit hard to understand at first, but there's a lot of tutorials, in case you need it.
Edit: maybe the most important thing to say is that you can simulate scenarios