skill test

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold AA, KK, QQ online. They never seem to hold up.

I only play 2 7 off.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"skill" test with AA, KK, QQ how do you behave with these hands in a tournament

The easiest and most obvious way to win the most with overpairs is to invest as much money as possible in the pot. Since most low-limit players are passive, the best solution is to simply bet, bet and bet again
And against most regulars, there is no reason not to pick the same line (only without a river push). If you don't have sufficient reason to believe that your opponent will bluff when you show weakness, then with your check you will most often just give your opponent a free card, and you yourself will reduce your potential winnings. Yes, it is true that sometimes you will bet, your opponent will have nothing and he will fall. This will happen against recreational players too. But this is poker. There is nothing you can do about it.Both players must have a hand for a big pot to form. When a person has 9-high in their hands without any firewood, no matter how much you bet, they will fold. At low stakes, you don't need to complicate anything. Bet hard with overpairs, often and win to the maximum!

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I like to either call, if the cards have been flopping out small, or I raise slightly. I don't shove anymore as the idiots who call beat me everytime

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not that easy to answer there are so many things to consider! Where am I in the game, How are the other players playing, am I in the money? The real skill test is needed if a person can say right now not at the table what they would do with, AA. Kk. QQ ect!

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am living proof that AA can be a risky set of cards to start out with. Got knocked of 2 tournaments just today when I played my AA from the start. In one tourney I was doing really well when I was dealt AA. The other guy had JJ and went all in after the fourth card. He hooked another JAck on the river and out I went on my assssssssss. Just now I had AA and the other guy had 77. I could not believe it when he hooked 2 more 7s. BOOM my ACES piut me out agian. Think I will go all in on 2 n 7 off suit next time LMAO !!!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is not easy to fold QQ preflop, but it will be a good decision if you clearly feel that by the nature of the bets your opponent is most likely holding KK or AA. For example, you raise pre-flop and you 3-bet. Now you have to make a decision for yourself, based on your reads on your opponent, whether to call or whether it is better to twist back onto the stack. If your opponent is a super tight nit and only 3-bets AA, KK and AK, then we can figure it out by breaking his range down into combinations
In some respects, your position at the table and the size of your effective stacks will affect your pocket queens line much more than any distribution of combinations. If a loose player opens up to your right, then 3-betting is usually your best decision. This will keep you from flopping into the pot and ensure you are heads-up in position on the flop. If you just call preflop and allow 2-3 more players to enter the pot, it can easily kill the strength of your hand, because if an ace comes on the flop, then it is very likely that it will help the raiser or one of the callers - and you will have to cover your hand.
And so a good size continuation bet can easily help you take that pot. If your opponent plays a small donk-bet on the flop, this is often just a sign of weakness, as he will be trying to get some information about the strength of your hand by doing this. Here, as a rule, you will have to re-raise back and go all-in against all players, except for the very flooded fish.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!

I am not given such hands :D:D:D:D:D

In fact, these hands can be played in different ways, depending on the tournament, stage, position and opponents.
There are a lot of options:
a) Short stack - push
b) Usually such a hand opens with a standard raise
c) Against aggressive opponents, you can limp, expecting a resteal or push

In general, there are really a lot of options, be specific :cool:

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find it difficult to make a rule because everything will depend on many variables in the position of the game, the table and the stack.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have read so many methods.. so with my turn i wana say pocket AA ,KK and why not QQ its safe to be strong "Pre-Flop" so make one good "Re-raise "or" ALL-In " and Good luck from me! :D

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in with all hands , I think it will bw more possible to win when you make all in and hands like 35 or 72 are out

S

Shay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only go all in with AA. KK and QQ only all in if short stacked.