Whodahustla

Whodahustla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well........

"skill" test with AA, KK, QQ how do you behave with these hands in a tournament

All three can still be beaten so the answer iiiiiiiiss……….cautiously! Cautiously with all...….accept the AA's. Now, I know what your gonna say and believe me I've gotten all kinds of flack and heat for playing AA's this way. People screaming at me about, "oh it's a waste!" "You're giving up so much value." "Your wrong!"...…..but I don't care! ALL-IN PREFLOP with AA's okay!:eek: I don't care! it's served me right in the past and it still does!

Now...……...when it comes to KKs, QQ's I play cautiously. Raise double the pot or call their raise and if I flop a set, and I don't see evidence of a straight or a flush then I build value with more bets; quarter or half the pot so as not to scare the villain. However, if I do see evidence of a possible straight or a flush; say if there's two of the same suit on the table and he's still calling my bets then I'll jam to make sure he doesn't catch his fish. Catch my drift? Most importantly, I look at his actions and how quickly he's making them to see what it tells me about what he might have. Good Luck!:D

Beachnick42

Beachnick42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill play then just about the same if im in position. I'll bet more with AA then QQ on Preflop. Ill try to get 1 or 2 callers with AA with as much as a shove as possible Preflop. In Cash Games ill play like this.
In MTT I'll Raise 4-6 BB Preflop with AA KK or QQ.

what do you think ?

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"skill" test with AA, KK, QQ how do you behave with these hands in a tournament
Depends on my stack size position on table what stage in the tournament is it and all the possible variables,
How many opponents in pot their stack sizes,their play style or any other reads is bubble about to burst?
Or is this the final table and does ICM indicate that I should probably fold QQ definitely or KK possibly or even AA in extreme spots wet boards or whatever when sense am beat could that be the safest option.
With 3 or 4 players all in already before you act you might get 2 or 3 big prize ladders for example by folding instead of calling and busting?
I would mix it up a little limping to disguise my hands also raising sometimes and shoving also to isolate one interested opponent too would never play them the same way opponents will read you easily it depends would need more information.
That is small bit of the theory anyway but the reality is these group one hands bust me a lot from games.:eek:

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good Q, you ommitted JJ, though..

AA: shove, but small raise first, to bait them in.
KK aggressive, if I have a decent stack, raise to test other's interest.
QQ: play kinda aggressive: make a limp raise, see how the hand plays out. QQ is a trap hand for me; I get myself trapped most often.
JJ: You omitted this hand, for reason. It is kinda-premium, not a real premium. Play JJ aggressive only if I am on a roll, have a big stack.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play them all the same way (3-bet and 4-bet). The only time you deviate is if a particularly NIT-ty player and they 5-bet or shove you.

You need to play aggressive to narrow it down to 2 players. If you don't, people will hit sets and two pairs off you all the time. Sometimes you get cooler'd. Sometimes you suck out with QQ against AA.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is situational , so I play all of those differently at different times.

GLGL.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get excited and push all in right away.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
testing ones skills

there are many ways to test ones skill level. i go about doing it by challenging myself to reach a certain objective

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each time is different, depending on the circumstances !!!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Aggresivelly of course, the more powerfull hand the more aggressive play. Except if the study of the situation, drives me to a different behavior!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on many factors. It depends on the type of tournament, the position, the size of my stack. I believe that there is no single right course of action. It all depends on the circumstances.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i act like I dont have much and im trying to bluff. so if they call I have something and if I hit a set ill check and let them try to bluff me.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. usually at the start of AA tournament, preflop all in. KK sometimes too. QQ I get more aggressive to see the cards. in tournaments with better prizes of course I’ll analyze each hand much better.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any two cards can be played as premium hands, usually in poker a big role is played by which hand Your opponent has, good hand reading makes your cards not so important.:)

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good skills, every day I'm learning more from you

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls with AA KK QQ I can go all in preflop, but in tournaments for money I try to play pocket pairs neatly:cool:

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these hands the same, raise to 2.5-3bb. If the stack is about 10bb, then of course a push

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It all depends on the situation and your opponents at the table. Usually this is a 3BB or 4BB raise. However, if opponents are all careful at the tables, I can afford to call my pairs to lure players into a trap.:)

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the size of the stack. The table at which you play and the players. AA KK QQ can be played ltmp if you know you will be raised against and you can move allin or reraise. The size of the raise depends on the size of the position stack and limpers.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many factors affect the way I would play, but of course in most cases aggressively.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't have a prescription for it. Every situation is different. But I’m sure I like to see these cards in my hand. :D

L

legrowsr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All three can still be beaten so the answer iiiiiiiiss……….cautiously! Cautiously with all...….accept the AA's. Now, I know what your gonna say and believe me I've gotten all kinds of flack and heat for playing AA's this way. People screaming at me about, "oh it's a waste!" "You're giving up so much value." "Your wrong!"...…..but I don't care! ALL-IN PREFLOP with AA's okay!:eek: I don't care! it's served me right in the past and it still does!

Now...……...when it comes to KKs, QQ's I play cautiously. Raise double the pot or call their raise and if I flop a set, and I don't see evidence of a straight or a flush then I build value with more bets; quarter or half the pot so as not to scare the villain. However, if I do see evidence of a possible straight or a flush; say if there's two of the same suit on the table and he's still calling my bets then I'll jam to make sure he doesn't catch his fish. Catch my drift? Most importantly, I look at his actions and how quickly he's making them to see what it tells me about what he might have. Good Luck!:D

I agree with your AA's all-in preflop. You start slow playing and stringing players along, then next thing you know someone flops a straight with 6,7 off suite. lol

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually in a tournament with those cards i try to extract as much money as possible before the flop, not all in, but a nice chunk. then play accordingly to the flop