mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
well, everyone has their opinion about the absentees, it doesn't bother me, if you look at the cc tournaments the passwords are delivered 30 minutes before the start, I don't think many register to bother because they say oh I register I remain absent and thus I am a nuisance, that does not make any sense, many times things happen out of our control: electrical failures, failures with the internet, unexpected matters that make it necessary for the person to leave in an emergency, I think that people get annoyed is because some want to take advantage of the blinds of the absent and that is where the anger of many comes from, it is my personal opinion, I do not want to change anyone's opinion or anything like that

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you register in tournament, and don't play for many things can happen on your life, i respect this. What i understand, is the players next to the money or the final table, make a huge stack, and keep sitting out. This is a strategy, or just afraid for lose the chips? (this happens a lot on micro limits)

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I personally love these sleeping players. Occasionally, everyone but one opponent is asleep. Then it's heads up. In such a situation, I always hope to eliminate the opponent, so that I can stay at the table with only sleepers, and take all their chips without a fight. Unfortunately, this has never happened before, because I'm always moved to a different table. :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can understand, why this practice is frawned upon by some. If you see poker as a kind of sport, and the CC freerolls as a way to practice as well as maybe connect with other forum members, then sit-out players definitely detract from the playing experience. But unfortunately there is no easy solution for this.

Even if CC made it a rule, that this is not allowed, there is no way for moderators to know, who are sitting out in the freerolls, other than members reporting each other. So enforcement would be very difficult and somewhat random. And of course its also not fair, if members would lose their freeroll access, just because something came up once or twice, and they forgot, they had registrered to the CC freeroll.

So my best advice to people, who are annoyed by this, is to play the CC freerolls on pokerstars. On PokerStars a sit-out player always fold, even when they are forced all-in. So unlike other sites its not possible for the sit-out player to get lucky and win the forced all-in, after which they have chips enough for another orbit or two, and then maybe they win yet another forced all-in, etc.

On PokerStars it is next to impossible to cash without sitting in during at least part of the tournament, and that remove the incentive to register without intending to play. Of course there are still some sit-out players on PokerStars, but that is just part of the game and also happen in paid tournaments. People lose their internet connection, they fall asleep, or something comes up, so they have to go. This is nothing to get upset about. Instead we should just be happy for pick up the free chips, they are giving to us.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have no grudge against those who sign up for tournaments and stay out the entire game, they don't bother me, I even understand them and sympathize with them, you don't know what happened to them so they couldn't play, maybe the internet was cut off Either you are at work or you have more important things to do.
Thinking that one signs up and stays absent to screw someone else's life is stupid