Sitting out?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not think you should actually sit out, maybe try asking yourself what hands you would be willing to play before the cards are actually dealt. If you have to sit out to not make silly plays you probably shouldnt be playing.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That is usually a super power haha, but hey I think it's not only about saying this happened and that's it, try to analyze what happened at that moment and correct it for the future if possible, it also helps to have a good reading of the others players and not just say: I had premium cards and bet everything and someone paid me and I won. analyze your game, try to get good readings

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Sitting out for 95% of the game is pointless and annoying. Don't buy in if you're not going to play, unless it's a technical issue or emergency. I see this kind of play a lot.

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had many a game where over half the players on the table are sitting out. I get that its a "strategy" to do so, but doesn't stop it from being annoying as heck.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said, the solution is not to sit out but to learn to play well in a situation, where chip preservation is more important than chip accumulation. You talk about getting jammed on by short stacks, and there are plenty of situations, where its totally fine to bet and then fold to a jam. As a big stack its not your obligation to bust people or be the table sherif.

Also you are not *always* going to lose flips, and perhaps you just have a tendency to overly focus on the negative outcomes and forget the positive ones. Yes it sucks to have a big stack, when late registration closes, and then still not make it in the money. But if you play well, there will also be times, where you use this phase of the tournament to increase your stack further, and sitting out only to limp into the money with a crippled stack is definitely not the solution.