Sit and go hand, guess the buy-in !!!

Guess the buy-in ?


  • Total voters
    25
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
Horrible, so guess the buy-in folks :)

pokerstars Game #4221190940: Tournament #20984497, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/03/08 - 19:46:51 (ET)
Table '20984497 1' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: uhgoo (1470 in chips)
Seat 2: haub (1340 in chips)
Seat 3: floppynutsuk (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: desperado71 (1590 in chips)
Seat 5: tenbob (1730 in chips)
Seat 6: docbob5 (2220 in chips)
Seat 7: dyingbreed (780 in chips)
Seat 8: gwunderkind (1450 in chips)
Seat 9: G_braa (1450 in chips)
desperado71: posts small blind 10
tenbob: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [9d Ac]
docbob5: folds
dyingbreed: folds
gwunderkind: calls 20
G_braa: folds
uhgoo: calls 20
haub: folds
floppynutsuk: folds
desperado71: calls 10
tenbob is connected
tenbob: checks
*** FLOP *** [Jd 5h Ad]
desperado71: checks
tenbob: bets 40
gwunderkind: folds
uhgoo: calls 40
desperado71: folds
*** TURN *** [Jd 5h Ad] [Qc]
tenbob: bets 40
uhgoo: calls 40
*** RIVER *** [Jd 5h Ad Qc] [2d]
tenbob: bets 40
uhgoo: calls 40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
tenbob: shows [9d Ac] (a pair of Aces)
uhgoo: shows [As Ks] (a pair of Aces - King kicker)
uhgoo collected 320 from pot
 
SexyAceJoker

SexyAceJoker

Guest
I guess it was a 10 dollar buy in , lol , in the small buy in minis, players raise strong with the AK , so im not two sure . I dont think anyone would limp with AK, was this a free sit n go lol ?
 
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Limpimg in with AK suited?!!!!!!!!! Is he crazy or just doesn't know how to play hold em? Granted, he won anyway but he could've gotten a lot more chips if he played it right.
 
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
The buy in must have been low but then again, early on in any sit and go. Some people would call with any pre flop raise. So to safe guard against the any 2 cards can win mentality this person choose to limp in instead of raising pre-flop cause someone with A,9 would have called his pre flop raise.
 
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
t1riel said:
Limpimg in with AK suited?!!!!!!!!! Is he crazy or just doesn't know how to play hold em? Granted, he won anyway but he could've gotten a lot more chips if he played it right.

And then to call me down, not even a hint of a raise.:(
 
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
Half an hour later, OMG this table was a pushover

PokerStars Game #4221626190: Tournament #20984497, Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2006/03/08 - 20:23:20 (ET)
Table '20984497 1' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: haub (1090 in chips)
Seat 3: floppynutsuk (1755 in chips)
Seat 4: desperado71 (1285 in chips)
Seat 5: tenbob (4465 in chips)
Seat 6: docbob5 (1450 in chips)
Seat 8: gwunderkind (1805 in chips)
Seat 9: G_braa (1650 in chips)
desperado71: posts small blind 75
tenbob: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to tenbob [Th 5c]
docbob5: folds
gwunderkind: raises 150 to 300
G_braa: folds
haub: folds
floppynutsuk: folds
desperado71: folds
tenbob: calls 150
*** FLOP *** [7d 7s Qh]
tenbob: checks
gwunderkind: bets 150
tenbob: raises 450 to 600
gwunderkind: folds
tenbob collected 975 from pot
tenbob: doesn't show hand
 
C

colin_147

Guest
Having fun it seems TB!

Gotta be low but you just dont know in todays world
 
joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
a lot of people think limping with a/paint or aa/kk is an advanced move.
 
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
joosebuck said:
a lot of people think limping with a/paint or aa/kk is an advanced move.

Limping with AKs in the above example is fine, at least spike the pot on the turn or river though.
 
Dennis C

Dennis C

Guest
I just think it is funny as hell that your first hand history there is a message in there that says tenbob is reconnected. You have more trouble with that than anyone on here.:)
 
Sammyv1

Sammyv1

Legend
I don't think the limping in with A-K suited is that much of a problem. We are supposed to mix up our starting playy hands right? I don't do it myself, but it sure is a nice change if it were done. Limping here is crazy, but noone would ever put him on that hand. (Now tenbob will). His post flop play is horrible. This guy is either very bad at the game or tighter than panty hose. Why he never raised I can't figure out. Flop and turn here is a must raise. River brought another Diamond so maybe thats why the call there. But Flop and turn?? Donk!!
 
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Could be anything from $1 to $50 - you get calling stations hanging around at practically any level.
 
Ima6T4

Ima6T4

Guest
I'm guessing a lower level myself, just some tight early play ( really tight it seems).

We've all played AK both ways, and with advantages to both. Perhaps everyone there has had their head cracked enough with big slick by pocket 5's to test the waters before jumping in.
 
Tammy

Tammy

Moderator
Moderator
Awards
10
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess $50. Super tight players, no all-ins pre-flop and no bluff all-in after the re-raise (the "take that!" syndrome, I call it). I'm guessing the guy w/ the AK had never played at a $50 table, and was a bit timid as to how to play his hand (fearing he was way out of his league).

However, TB, I do think you could have played that better.:) Your first bet of half the pot was ok, but how about taking pot-size into account for the later bets? Although you probably wouldn't have scared this guy off (but judging from his timidness, maybe a bigger bet would have), so I guess you got out a little cheaper the way you played it.
 
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
juiceeQ said:
However, TB, I do think you could have played that better.:) Your first bet of half the pot was ok, but how about taking pot-size into account for the later bets? Although you probably wouldn't have scared this guy off (but judging from his timidness, maybe a bigger bet would have), so I guess you got out a little cheaper the way you played it.

Fair enough comment, the initial bet was simlply a feeler bet, he wasnt calling without an Ace or two diamonds and i wanted to see where i stood, so now i know he has one or the other. Mediocre ace early on, i kinda wanted to know where i was at in the hand without losing too many chips. Probably a bigger river bet would have gotten him off the hand.
 
gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
I would say around about the 10$ buy in simply because they do things rather strangely. some hands they play well but others they play terribly
 
tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
1
I just posted this thread to outline the poor quality of play at some of the higher sit and go's. The table was full of some of the weakest players ive ever come across online. The buy-in was $20 and yes, i took it down.
 
HoldemChamp

HoldemChamp

Rock Star
I have limped on from time to time with AK. But, you gotta be careful. You gotta make sure and keep on your toes and be ready to fold. The other people could have anything.
 
smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
tenbob said:
And then to call me down, not even a hint of a raise.:(

Did you miss the fact that their was a flush draw on the board and that the 3rd diamond hit on the river. The fact that it was early in the Sit N Go, and the bb check and is now betting out, I don't think the call down is that terrible.

If he had check down AA or something I could see you scratching your head. But you guys are freaking out as if AKs is some kind of super hand. Just cause he hit the Ace on the flop doesn't mean you don't have AJ and hit 2 pair.
 
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
smd173 said:
Did you miss the fact that their was a flush draw on the board and that the 3rd diamond hit on the river. The fact that it was early in the Sit N Go, and the bb check and is now betting out, I don't think the call down is that terrible.

If he had check down AA or something I could see you scratching your head. But you guys are freaking out as if AKs is some kind of super hand. Just cause he hit the Ace on the flop doesn't mean you don't have AJ and hit 2 pair.

lol

- There's a flush draw there, all the more reason to raise and charge anyone to hit it.

- The fact it was early in the SnG means the blinds were low and he could quite easily get away from his hand if, say, he was reraised on the flop.

- Guess what the best way of finding out if another player has AJ? It's called raising, try it sometime.

Really, being a weak-tight calling station is the equivalent of going on a long trip to nowhere in the poker world. What if you had top set but three hearts flopped? Are you gonna call down then because "someone might have a flush"? Are you gonna call down with 77 on a 27K board because "someone might have KK"? Are you really gonna wait until you have the nuts before even thinking of raising?
 
smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Really, being a weak-tight calling station is the equivalent of going on a long trip to nowhere in the poker world. What if you had top set but three hearts flopped? Are you gonna call down then because "someone might have a flush"? Are you gonna call down with 77 on a 27K board because "someone might have KK"? Are you really gonna wait until you have the nuts before even thinking of raising?

No, I don't believe you have to have the nuts before you raise.

I'd really like to see if tenbob still has the hand history for how this guy busted out. Cause if you notice in the 2nd history (half hour later/7 left) the weak-tight guy was gone.
 
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands
Top