Single-table SNG winning finish distribution

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're all wroooongg!! :p

Well you're not, but you are in the sense that I believe it's this general consensus that allows my strategy to work well

SnG's are basically a solved game. Your strategy works well because your opponents play sub-optimally, not because you've discovered something no one else knows. As you move up in stakes, there's less and less room for deviation from (for lack of a better term) "standard" late game SnG play since so many players understand ICM and push/fold decisions.

Your finish distribution over the long run should be 1st>3rd>2nd. Due to the massive amounts of aggression that is correct around the bubble, you should either be entering the money with a ton a chips, very few chips, or be the bubble. Having a middle sized stack should be the least common, therefore leading to the least amount of 2nd place finishes. If you have a lot of 2nd place finishes, you're probably not being aggressive enough late game or you suck at HU play.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SnG's are basically a solved game. Your strategy works well because your opponents play sub-optimally, not because you've discovered something no one else knows. As you move up in stakes, there's less and less room for deviation from (for lack of a better term) "standard" late game SnG play since so many players understand ICM and push/fold decisions.

Your finish distribution over the long run should be 1st>3rd>2nd. Due to the massive amounts of aggression that is correct around the bubble, you should either be entering the money with a ton a chips, very few chips, or be the bubble. Having a middle sized stack should be the least common, therefore leading to the least amount of 2nd place finishes. If you have a lot of 2nd place finishes, you're probably not being aggressive enough late game or you suck at HU play.

Bang on! :cool: I see where your coming from and imagine definitely it wouldn't work so well in higher stakes... but the reason I won't move to $33 is because the fish count is significantly lower. Micros aside, the jump from $22 to $33 is one of the biggest steps in quality imo

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you guys are mostly getting 1st and 3rds,then who is getting all the 2nd place finishs?

Snow :cool:

T

ted80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^the lucky guy who wasn't being aggressive enough, haha