should i have called? was i fav?

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I know huh? First time a worthless post has ever done that... lol... nothing to say except :dong: otherwise... I figured your eventual response to his post is going to be entertaining enough... That's even if you want to waste the time to type...:D WTF did he even create the thread for? So he could hear what he wanted to hear? Doesn't happen "here"...

Last edited:
JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also OP you can always neglect any advice given (fold pre) and be all defensive vs critisism but I stand to what I said before (as others did)

.... fold pre and don't get yourself into situations like this (being oop with marginal holdings).:hmmmm:

C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading through this thread it looks like this hand took place during the 1st few minutes of a MTT. on the flop you have plenty of equity to call the shove if this was a cash game but i don't really know how much equity we need to stack off on the 1st hand of a MTT.

with a hand like 67s in the 1st round i'd either fold or limp. making it 4x this early is spewy at best. ;)

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
...with a hand like 67s in the 1st round i'd either fold or limp. making it 4x this early is spewy at best. ;)
idk... still not heavily experienced. but I question limping if he's going to play the hand. If he's going to attempt to play w/ a LAG style shouldn't he be raising 67s like a TAG would raise a AKs? I only ask because to limp would be to give up info about his range + you're hoping to fold the opponents w/ crappier cards to increase your chances? If so, I feel he made the correct decision if he was determined not to fold the hand pre-flop... Please correct me if I'm :stupid: with this thinking...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself in situations like this at times where I would have 12+ outs and make the call everytime, I just don't put myself in those situations with low suited connectors.

C

cheaptrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk... still not heavily experienced. but I question limping if he's going to play the hand. If he's going to attempt to play w/ a LAG style shouldn't he be raising 67s like a TAG would raise a AKs? I only ask because to limp would be to give up info about his range + you're hoping to fold the opponents w/ crappier cards to increase your chances? If so, I feel he made the correct decision if he was determined not to fold the hand pre-flop... Please correct me if I'm :stupid: with this thinking...

i would limp this hand in late position if 2+ have called. small pairs, i play similar in the early rounds. to be fair, i haven't played a MTT in over a year so maybe this strategy isn't optimal, idk.
it seemed to work well for me in the past but MTT's were never my main game.

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after reading through this thread it looks like this hand took place during the 1st few minutes of a MTT. on the flop you have plenty of equity to call the shove if this was a cash game but i don't really know how much equity we need to stack off on the 1st hand of a MTT.

with a hand like 67s in the 1st round i'd either fold or limp. making it 4x this early is spewy at best. ;)

^^Agree.

You have to ask yourself what you're hoping to accomplish and how that fits your hand. So, given the situation; what do we know? We know a) it's early in the tourney, b) it's a low buy-in tourney and c) it's "riddled with fish" (from OP), and d) you are likely to be playing OOP. All those things together add-up to opponents who are far more likely to call your attempted LAGGY raise than to fold to it.

Which means that by raising all you are likely to accomplish is to build a bigger pot pre in which you'll likely be playing OOP the rest of the way and NOT to get many folds. Which is exactly what happened if you check the original hand. OP didn't push anybody out, got 3 flat callers and happened to flop really well. I prefer to keep the pot small pre-flop with a hand like mid SC and see what the flop brings before committing a lot of chips. Others may disagree, but early in an MTT with plenty of loose callers, that's my preferred play in most cases.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good stuff... I'll be sure to remember these points, Thnx 'Rudy...

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know huh? First time a worthless post has ever done that... lol... nothing to say except :dong: otherwise... I figured your eventual response to his post is going to be entertaining enough... That's even if you want to waste the time to type...:D WTF did he even create the thread for? So he could hear what he wanted to hear? Doesn't happen "here"...

I have no idea how to respond with out being abusive and condescending - so yeah, it would be a waste of time.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no idea how to respond with out being abusive and condescending - so yeah, it would be a waste of time.
Sometimes the best route...
Hey!... is this me talking?? get a grip, zeke... lol...:)

xtrigemino

xtrigemino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are favourite to win this hand against any pair, you should take the risk in these case...also if someone goes all in. Gamble!