Should i fold AK preflop?

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There to see what position you are in and what players are reaching the bet or all in preflop. Either way they are good cards but do not be surprised with an AA kk

J

Jamuka7657

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would almost always call all-in with AK. Maybe if I was fairly deep stacked and there were several callers I would fold.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That hand is a standard play vs a single all-in. Now if someone else comes along before it gets to you the decision becomes a little tougher as they are likely holding an A or even a K limiting your chances of hitting.

As it is in replay, nothing you did wrong there early in a tournament.

I

infiniti888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK, I make a big raise or all-in. If you go without a raise, there is a possibility to lose even a pair of deuces.

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to fold that there. There are definitely times when I think I should. But I don't ever end up laying it down. There are just too may times donks are shoving with much worse.

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion it was ok... it is freeroll (early stage) so he will push a lot hands you dominating :)

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made a good bet but after the player on the button went all-in then you had to give up their cards. It's a very risky card. At least you would have kept your stack and continue the game. I would have done exactly that.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
You can fold AK pre flop when super deep stacked or if there is multiway all in by tight players.

Neither the case here you have to call it off here.

You are ahead sometimes, flipping most times and crushed by only 2 hands. Even though you are crushed here you should beat Kings at least once in four times, still some hope for winning hand.

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on which players you play and what table you play, and it's important to stack the stack, only then you can decide something. For the rest of the question is not relevant.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is still a drawing hand but still strong. Look at the raises in front of you which who is raising. It can be folded but not often imo

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ill play them preflop allin if its knock tournment/against lagif i need call allincagainst nit with huge stack if i have more then 20 blinds spmetimes i prefer fold

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK---> try to see the flop with as few ppl as possible,meaning you bet a third of the stack of the ppl you want to have out of this hand--->somebody raises--->GL !!! your decision!
if you flop the high straight, check and call everything until the other one gets his flush ;)
if you flop FH, make a small bet,---somebody raises---> fold, he has ACES

N

NPKG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things, first of whick you play, do anyone raise, your belief in these two cars ... etc etc GL to all

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK--> we just went into the money and two bigstacks were switched to the table.I called, Richy called, BB checks. Flop: 359 rainbow (nothing!!!) I bet 1500, Richy Raises to almost 6.000 and that was exactly what I expected richy to do. I hesitated, and shoved all in ( I had him on a pair of 9, or better two overcards and shoved all in. Richy called and he was even rich enough to play 69s. But the important point is: I decided before, that this hand will bring me deep enough into the money, so I can sit out, or shut down the program, the interesting tournament for today is about to begin and I don't want to be emotionally influenced by these fishes over there. :elefant::icon_stud

You see, a whole bunch of different situations, players and decisions. Unless you don't have hud you may see the hand in your program later offline, BTW

But there's no 1 WAY to play a hand, never!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough to give advice as there are a lot of details missing but can argue either way. I could understand a fold here as you do just have a drawing hand, made a raise and he moved all in. I would have put him on a pocket pair 10s, jacks or such (fact that they had kings was just very unfortunate) and decided that I can outplay the field and not want to risk a coin flip. I would guess based on his stack and level that he likely has been playing a tight game up to this point and folded most hands. I might muck and keep an eye on him trying this move later.I would call though if I felt this was a loose player or if they just lost a big hand. Lot of dynamics to consider.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never I can dump KK or AA on a preflopa. And quite often because of it I lose well and AA and KK quite often "move", not to mention AK AQ

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A-K is a good drawing hand good to see flops and to steal blinds if you are not given the chance to see the flop and that you have been reraised before the flop just through it and tell yourself you are going to get a better spot next time you can not risk all your stack for AK after being reraised for an all in by an other player If you raise and there's a 3-bet may be you could call but if there's a 4-bet or an all in my advice will be fold it

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jezzzzzzz

yes i think i call here for sure......cant beat luck dude.....and thats luck to run into kings here,i mean isnt it a very small % that happens?

woonybet

woonybet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your call was justified, any day... But in early blinds, you can see anything.. At least you were beaten by a better hand :p not some lucky draw

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id play it carefully like you would JJ

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK i make a bih raise or all-in. If you go without a raise, there is a possibility to lose with a small pair.

O

Ofarah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made the proper call especially that early in the tournament. This is where you are trying to build your stack to make it deep in the tournament. Villian could’ve easily had QQ or worse even AQ, KQ, etc. You were heads up, took a gamble and lost. Sometimes you loose when you gamble!!

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

that really depends on the situation. I wouldn't risk my tourney life late in a tourney if I didn't have too

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation and the opponent. Remember any way you look at it it AK is still just 2 random cards.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll then its a call but as other people said it depends on the situation.

Folding in Poker