Should I fold a set of jacks after the flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this position I think you should just call and hope the board pairs up or shove it all in.
That's what I did. I shoved, and I've learned that the board pairs up 33.4% of the time in this type of situation.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying to kill this post. I've already said way back "I've got it! shove-pre!" It's really easy to remember. Yet this post lives on....

Because you post shit like I was going to fold to an overcard. Yes you know what you should have done but with the subsequent posts you demonstrated that you're not fully understanding of why that was the best move. How can you apply concepts to a very situational game unless you have an identical hand to this? You need to understand to fully implement concepts into your game.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because you post shit like I was going to fold to an overcard. Yes you know what you should have done but with the subsequent posts you demonstrated that you're not fully understanding of why that was the best move. How can you apply concepts to a very situational game unless you have an identical hand to this? You need to understand to fully implement concepts into your game.
NO DUDE! I said that I would fold to overcards. I meant that I would fold if there were two overcards. You can read it again, and it says overcards . Don't take any of that crap I wrote in that essay seriously anyways. This is just a slight misunderstanding.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shove pre

/thread.

Im just gussing OP is done here. PM me if you want it re-opened.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow at everyone saying you had 15bb's and failing to factor in the ante which really puts you at less than 10 bb's. :) :p

Most would disagree but my coach would advocate limping or flat calling with JJ if you had a deeper stack and/or blinds were smaller. But with less than 10 bb's you can only shove this. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker