Short stack after ITM

I

Iwuhkage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Last night when I played $11 New Year Bash pokerstars with 219k ppl crowd in. I make ITM with 23BB and after 30m gameplay, I always draw dead cards like 39o, 26s etc until my stack 6BB after playjump, end up allin with AQs but lost to 99. What you suggest to me If you draw dead crads like that?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In this particular Event - nothing workable to suggest ... That what I withnessed and what other CC members shared - after arriving ITM - the game went brutal with each hand someone goes all in. I had a healthy stack until that turning point, but after just couple of minutes of wild play - I was out, too ...

Otherwise, in normal mtt's - the only option I think when you are dealt dead cards is to find a good spot to try stealing blinds. Otherwise, awaiting for a strong hand and preflop shove :top:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no solution for being card dead. Each hand in poker is independent from the last one, so each time you need to make the most profitable decision, even if that is to fold preflop 25 times in a row. It suck, but it also suck to pick up AK and then run it into AA. Its all part of variance, and if its not your day, its not your day. At least you cashed, which always feels a lot better than busting near the bubble :)

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all, big grats on breaking the bubble in this monster of tourney...vwp indeed

with 23 bbs, long blind levels, and the pay jumps meaning nothing for thousands of eliminations, you should wait until you are down to 15bbs unless you have a (semi) premium hand to jam with.

after 15bbs...any 2 broadway...anything better than T7 sooted...sooted conns 67 + any pp..any sooted ace

at ten bbs...any ace at all..

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing you can do is try to steal blinds. If you are in the small blind, button or in the CU and no player has called or raised, then you can try to steal blinds. The gap principle applies there. You can raise with a worse hand than usual, but you need a much better hand to call a raise. But even if you just want to steal blinds and are in late position, I think you need a better hand than 93o. Because if someone calls you still want to have a respectable hand and not be completely lost. To steal blinds you should be able to increase at least 3 blinds, preferably 4 blinds.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to play more actively and avoid reducing the stack size to critical even in the early stages, use favorable situations to steal the pot, because in the late stage with a micro stack, you will only have to hope for incoming cards.