Scoop sats and games thread!

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh totally forgot about scoops been busy unlocking my reload bonus, going to see what sats are running to the day 1 event. As I pretty much -ev in mtts :p then I think I will not be buying in direct to any.

C

creeboyduff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if this is not the type of deal you had in mind let me know.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which ones are these with 300 seats gtd?? :eek: Lets blast them before anyone finds them, I can't seem to find them! :(

Ahhh. Yeaha, I wish I stuck at school/college longer lol. It was different back in my day though! Good luck, some very good looking qualifications. Wish you the best of luck with them!

Swapping actions sounds fun. Can I have a bit of you? Or are you being still being backed 50/50 during them with your current backer?

I'm interested in something here. Let's see some numbers and stuff. Who/where is getting some action and from who!

I was tempted by them originally but the variance just seems to high to justify me buying in 100+ lol. The two day events actually give you some hope with the levels and so on.

Cheers man :) They can be a pain but gotta remember it's (hopefully) for the best.

I'm going to play SCOOP and MiniFTOPS on my backers money, but might take shots at the $109 turbos on my own cash and maybe sell some action for them, we'll see how my results go for the next couple of weeks.

The good thing about the turbos will be because they are turbos the regs will have less of an edge so while it will be high variance it'll be a slightly more even playing field :)

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 $22 NLHE
8 $11 NLHE Turbo
$109 NLHE Turbo
9 $22 Mixed Holdem
15 $16.50 2x Chance
16 $22 Shootout 4 Max
19 $22 NLHE
20 $22 NLHE
26 $11 NLHE Turbo
$109 NLHE Turbo
36 $22 HORSE
37 $22 6max NLHE
38 $109 NLHE Main Event

Should be a lot of fun, hopefully the numbers will still be high as previous years. Best of luck to all who enter. Also, if you are interested in buying a piece of my SCOOP profit this year, pm me :D.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to play SCOOP and MiniFTOPS on my backers money, but might take shots at the $109 turbos on my own cash and maybe sell some action for them, we'll see how my results go for the next couple of weeks.

The good thing about the turbos will be because they are turbos the regs will have less of an edge so while it will be high variance it'll be a slightly more even playing field :)

Well let me know if you do, I'm interested in the scoop souely though, don't follow the FTOPS :p

I'd still be interested if the turbos are the one you decide to use on your own money, but be far more interested if you slipped in maybe standard speed ones - especially the main event $109.

I'm hearing you on the turbos with the variance and so on, I still don't think edge in the standard scoop fields for regs is going to be massive though. The structures are good and I'm assuming a lot of the smaller buy-ins ($100's) might have their fair share of fish especially when they see a $1million prize pool gtd for a $100 buy-in. Let me know what you think.

EDIT: Yeah I realise I do not read your previous posts correctly, you have exams them doh. However, there are still some good (I hope) standard speed ones for $100 you might be able to dabble with.

ps: If you win a ticket for the 1k scoop via cardschat, you are going to be able to play that arent you?

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a side note all the action I'm going to be taking (hopefully),

I'm open to selling some - primary the $109 ME (Others available for some little action if anyone cares)IF anyone would be interested, highly doubtful but hey ho you never know - this donk might bink a win.lol.

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which ones are these with 300 seats gtd?? :eek: Lets blast them before anyone finds them, I can't seem to find them! :(
I found some under 'Events', SCOOP', 'Cash satellites' - scroll down to the 8th May and there are a few sattys written in pink font. One of them offers 300 seats and there is one on each of the following days. PS will probably add a few more as SCOOP draws nearer! :)

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
By the way, anyone who has ever played in the scoop events, I imagine most players even at the low buy-ins are actually some what half decent? Am I right?
I've only played a few of the $22's but what I found was > because there was a ton of good MTT players online (playing in the other events) they were also playing in the 'L' events. One of the ones I was doing quite well in (a few hrs. in with decent stack)... all of a sudden the player on my immediate left comes to life & 3-bets me every f'n time I opened (from any position!) & made my game HELL. Deep enough to 4bet light... I decide I've had enough & 4bet them... to which they immediately respond with a snap shove 5bet allin. Ran his name (after that incident) & then saw he'd taken down WCOOP Events & had 2 x 1st place in the $1,000SuperTuesday.
cillfs: There were plenty of spots to pick up chips but there were also plenty of very good players on the 'L' tables too.
I plan on playing a few of them > the $22 nlhe & the $11 Turbo nlhe & maybe the $5r/a nlhe. So probably only ~5-6 events. 'IF' I miraculously run deep in one of them I'll play the $109 'L' MainEvent. (I don't have alot on Stars these days..... hopin' to pick up another buyin or two in the CC games comin' up ;) )

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I found some under 'Events', SCOOP', 'Cash satellites' - scroll down to the 8th May and there are a few sattys written in pink font. One of them offers 300 seats and there is one on each of the following days. PS will probably add a few more as SCOOP draws nearer! :)
Yah, tks for that. (I would've had no clue where to find them in the lobbys.... I rarely play on Stars).

Attachments

• scoop 300seat guar.gif
    scoop 300seat guar.gif
    52.4 KB · Views: 41
  • scoop satty.gif
    scoop satty.gif
    50.2 KB · Views: 41
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been checking out the lobby a bit closer now & see that for each of the SCOOP 'L' Events I'm planning on playing there is a 200-300seat guar. 'Turbo' satty that starts an hr. (or 2hrs.) before the Event starts. (1500chip 5min. blinds). I might have to give a few of these a shot. Am also going to look into some FPP sattys (or that one where you can satty into the Sunday Storm 6pd. of 20).

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, anyone who has ever played in the scoop events, I imagine most players even at the low buy-ins are actually some what half decent? Am I right?

Lol no, easily some of the softest tournaments - same with MiniFTOPs. Obviously as you get deeper you will run into a slightly higher % of good players, but do you really think events which are getting 10k runners are going to be full of good players and high stakes regs?

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to all the CC'rs that can still play these. Just read that the GTD's are way down this year after black friday.

They have reduced the total prize pool from $45,000,000 by almost 45 percent to $25,000,000. Out of the 114 tournaments that the SCOOP offers, 111 of the guaranteed prize pools were reduced.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
$22 buyin $200K guar. ~10,000 entrants? That's about big enough fields for me thanks.
I remember playing in some last year (ones starting at ~5-6pm my time(PT)) and they were playing til' 8am (& later) the next morning. It was f'n ridiculous.
Also, as far as the high & med. stakes regs.... I'm guessing that most will also be playing the 'L' buyin ones too. I know I saw alot of regs. in the 'L' last year.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$22 buyin $200K guar. ~10,000 entrants? That's about big enough fields for me thanks.
I remember playing in some last year (ones starting at ~5-6pm my time(PT)) and they were playing til' 8am (& later) the next morning. It was f'n ridiculous.
Also, as far as the high & med. stakes regs.... I'm guessing that most will also be playing the 'L' buyin ones too. I know I saw alot of regs. in the 'L' last year.

LoL.

You think the $22.00 200k 6max and FR will be getting 10k entrants today?

Was that 14hour poker session then paused for the 2nd day ? lol..thats sick if it was.

I love the structures though, makes a change to what you have to usually play with. I always thought it was good in a tournament when you could find 3000 stack with 15minute blinds, now though even the lower buy-ins have 10,000 chips and 15-20minutes levels at the lowest limits! Brilliant.

Sick extended registration though..

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Hyper-sattied into the 8$ sat to todays game, hopefully I can make a seat out of it!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Pretty much all the Holdem non-turbos are 2 day events though. It'll start at 3pm GMT and day 1 will finish at about 2am and then start again tomorrow at 3pm GMT :)

Obv all regs will be playing but that doesn't amount to all that much as a % of the prize pool - there aren't 10,000 regs out there, I'd put the number more at 1 or 2k at most and some of them won't necessarily be any good :p

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shotgun first place in event 1

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am so ****ing terrible

beantownmaniac

beantownmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck everyone. Those of us here in the U.S. are extremely jealous and really pissed of at our "justice" dept.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Pretty much all the Holdem non-turbos are 2 day events though. It'll start at 3pm GMT and day 1 will finish at about 2am and then start again tomorrow at 3pm GMT :)

Obv all regs will be playing but that doesn't amount to all that much as a % of the prize pool - there aren't 10,000 regs out there, I'd put the number more at 1 or 2k at most and some of them won't necessarily be any good :p
I went for a few hrs. in #2 today & my first table actually had all regs!! (a few of them highstakes regs.). There was only one losing player on my first table... a guy with ~150mtt's, with an avg. buyin of $220. Ever use pokerprolabs 'topshark'? First table was all A**+
Other tables had quite a few on them as well but with a few noobs in there as well (unfortunately two of them had monster stacks on my left & were hitting their J2o & Q6s hands, lol).
I find the MiniFtops to be alot fishier than SCOOP (not sure why?.. maybe sattys?).
Unless it was 2009 when I played these before, they were never 2-day tourneys.. they were 1day & lasted insane amounts of time (can't remember exactly but do recall seeing a bunch of players complaining on the forums because the length of the games was ridiculous > 21:00 start going past 12:00 the following day).
One down & not the greatest experience... although not terrible. Had one cool hand in a pot with a guy I had targetted as bein a spewy over-aggro bluffin' donktard. I river the NutFlush & check it to him, with around 5,000 in the pot he bets 7,500.. enough to put me allin. I callzzz.. lol. (he had 3rd pr.). Been doing that checkraise river move a bit lately.. vs. the right villain in the right spots (hopefully, lol). Ended up going out w 99 < KK.. BB 3bets me (aggress reg.).. I 4bai.. he times down.. goes into extra time... & calls w KK (30bb eff. stacks). sigh Not sure what up with the slowroll (he was on one other Stars table.. who knows?.. maybe he 3bets then answers a knock on the door... doubt it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
OMG!!!! Not that long since BlackFriday & already players are referring to Pokerstars MTT's in "GMT" timezone... ahhhhh!!!!!!!!! What has happened to the world of poker?!?!?!
I must've had an unusual table selection then... mine was 90% 1st table, & then ~2/3 or more on the others. Watched a couple of other tables after (with players I know).. & for sure some reallyyyyy bad players on them. I honestly don't mind bein' on tables with regs. in early levels... less tilt factor for me.

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My $22 event didn't last long..I played in 2 hands, flopped the nuts in both and lost on the river both times so bad..

First hand that lost me 40% of my stack was A,Q. Flop comes 10,j,k....rainbow.

Raise and I'm re-raised. First thing I'm thinking is ok this is fine. More chips go in on the turn with a dead card, more bets np. River comes a j....I feel the worse as he bets out so I flat call quite sure he has a fullhouse and indeed he did. Shows over K,J lol..I jsut can't ever fold though when that happens even though I'm sure what is wrong with me! ::mad:

The last hand for all my chips..Got it all in on the flop with A,K on another 10,j,q board flush draw out there, weird eh . . obviously not meant to be my night. He swiftly calls off with a set of jacks...and obviously the board pairs on the river. GG me...so sick! :mad:

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I'm going to playing the $5Rebuy even which is starting shortly,

Anyone else involved?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level