scary card on the flop

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normally when I am the aggressor of the hand and the A card opens on the flop I still make the continuation bet, as I am the aggressor of the hand the A is still in my range even though I don't have it in hand.

I think some people have been through this situation, for example:

you open hijack KJs.

the biblind pays.

on the flop opens A58

uncomfortable situation isn't it?

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yeah uncomfortable, but if the bb checks to you, then you know what to do. You said it yourself.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the board A85 favors the preflop raiser. If BB checks, I will cbet with a high frequency.

C

Crazykilla4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find when I bet and the BB calls, bet the turn 9 times out of 10 the BB folds, if he clicks back you know your beat, and if he calls you know he hit his ace or hit 2 pair flopped it or something

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is very typical to find a scary card in the flop my past many times that I have had Pair of kings and in the flop The ace of diamonds comes out or any other:D

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hello,
I think there is almost an infinite number of situations you can analyse on the flop, and this is one of the many.
My advice for you is to look into as much situations you encounter as you can, on the flop or else, and study them one by one.

Gl at the tables

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really, thats a clear cbet and very comfortable play to make. The big blind will check fold it so often that its super profitable to do in the long run so it does not really matter when it does not work

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you decide to try on the image of a preflop aggressor, then on the flop you will have to think about the relevance of the continuation bet. The rules of poker state that the determining factor in making a decision for or against will be the texture of the board. Villain calls on the flop, leaving 47 cards left, each of which can come on the turn. The remaining cards should definitely not be considered harmless, rather, on the contrary, they can be dangerous. By betting consecutively on a board with a scare card, you will often show a wider range of value, which automatically implies a wider bluffing range. You can profitably play poker for money if you master the techniques of dispersal of attention. Don't underestimate your opponent - there will surely be someone who will think about your range of hands.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This flop is set up for a cbet, as your range is much stronger than that of the BB. The only thing you should think about here is the cbet size depending on your opponent's tendencies.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is better to train the skills of the correct use of c-bets in special programs (solvers), which immediately give an answer on how to act with the whole range on various boards. Over time, you can learn various patterns and greatly reduce the number of errors in the game.

lukaji

lukaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
normally when I am the aggressor of the hand and the A card opens on the flop I still make the continuation bet, as I am the aggressor of the hand the A is still in my range even though I don't have it in hand.

I think some people have been through this situation, for example:

you open hijack KJs.

the biblind pays.

on the flop opens A58

uncomfortable situation isn't it?
flop is best for blufing.
the player bet in flop
he cheack in turn
snd fold in river
if you reraise

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you made a preflop, then you will have to fold

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are lots of ways to analyze this situation, but bottom line is it’s uncomfortable because we all know that most guys will play Ax regardless of position or bet, and at the lower stakes there’s no way he’s folding once he pairs the ace. The only question is how much do you want to pay him to show you the ace.