Scared...AK Need Help!

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is great for people with really short stacks or big stacks. If you can't see the flop for a 3x bet, it's just not worth it to risk all your chips with this hand. Of course if your short stacked or priced in you may have to play your AK.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
with these cards I follow my instinct, but I must also see how the other players of my table are playing and how many chips I have, if I am desperate for chips I pay, if my opponent does not have almost chips I pay, but if the opponent has more chips that I analyze more the situation

S

Scott Rzonos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay attention.

Keep a mental note on what players are doing. All in from a loose player demands a different response to someone who has been sitting there all night playing premium hands.

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to look at is ask yourself if you would go all in with the hand. Ask it on every street. If the answer is yes then play it. If it is no then fold it. I say ask it on each street because as the cards come down things change. I am not saying go all in rather if someone else does know what your going to do. Plan it out.

Last night I folded a garbage 9x hand preflop. Three others were in the pot and the flop was x99 then the turn was another 9 and the two remaining players were betting like they had the 4th 9. Yea I cringed a little but knew I made the right choice.