Satellites

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don't play them, the risk to waste some hours for nothing is too high.

D

dark IPA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think satellites good when they are for free. even low buy-in is wasting of your gold because of scanty chances for a prize

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly when the budget is low the satellites are the only chance to play in bigger tournaments, but not all of the satellites are worth playing.
A satellite on average takes 2-3 hours time which can be used elsewhere.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the experience of many players shows, they achieve their goals by playing in expensive tournaments, qualifying with minimal cost.
Satellites have several advantages

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played in one satellite so far, but I really enjoyed it. It's a lower buy-in for a chance to get into a much more expensive tournament. It was a great experience seeing how the other players play in the tournament. One thing that I liked was that I was more relaxed because I was paying much less than the actual tournament buy-in. So, I wasn't as afraid to take bigger risks. Unfortunately, I was basically one card away from earning a seat in the bigger tournament ! :( I wouldn't play them exclusively, but I'll definitely be doing more in the future to take a shot a bigger tournament.

Poker Tells