Are satellite tournaments worth playing?

ElmenhorsteR

ElmenhorsteR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no point to play satellite for 2 tickets in tournament, because you should play with 500+ players and it is low probability to take first 2 places :) At satallite you can meet a lot of fishers and got "boom" :D

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if yoy Lucky enough you got big from small invest

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you seriously even contemplating a $200 sat? As Dakotaxx stated playing In a $200 sat events you'd need a massive B.R to even do so.

I have no clue how much money you have In real life, but there are more Important things to consider when playing In a $200 event.

1) The "Quality of play" wont be the same "Quality of play In a lower $1-$20 sat", basically what I'm saying Is that "The players In these types of events are In them for a reason, and that's what you need to ask yourself", how would you fair up against "Tougher players"? Yes you're going to have "Good/Bad players" but most of the players that will be In It will be "Regs" that are use to them IMO.

2) The number of seats that the said sat Is going to give should also be taking Into factor. The more seats the better your chances, the less seats (Get the drift).

3) Think about the structure of the said satellite, Is It a hyper/turbo/reg speed?

Whatever you may decide to do I wish you the best and If you do end up playing the said satellite I wish you the best possible good run In It and In the $1500 event If you get Into It

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, they are worth playing :) I guess you could always go ask Chris Moneymaker for his opinion.

....or Qui ngyuen!

i've played a few of the fpp sattelites... mostly single table bingo sessions.....

one of my best tourney results was from a ticket won in a satty

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play in satellite tournaments, play for two reasons when money is tight and want to win more, or when much time can devote to the game, while not spending a lot of money

P

PokahAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play satellites with 10+ tickets because its easy for me to won a ticket instead all in or bingo play for 1 ticket. pokerstars hosts nice satellites there are some worth to play.

LCool888

LCool888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how large the field is and how many tickets are giving for the main tournament...

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are good and bad satellites, you have to find a good relation between tickets X players.

Some satellites like TCOOP 1Starcoin+R look like an "allin-shootout tournament, but the low cost can make it worth.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think that pass the field of the tournament and abide by bankroll management then the satellites play profitable. Otherwise, no.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellite tourney's can be profitable but require a much different approach than the standard MTT.

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch some players in Pokerstars, they play many satellites and earn on it money. They are registered in a tournament, and 6 max. play then satellites of the CIS. I can't tell exact statistics, but that they do it regularly, the income means is. But for this purpose of course it is necessary to have a lot of money, and experience of a game in such satellites is necessary.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with $200 buy in i would like to play cash tournament than satelite tournament. satelite is too long dude, i ll not be patient.

Poker Tells