Satellite tournaments

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They can be nice and easy to play sometimes if you are willing to grind out what are often long tournies but they can pay off if you are playing well.

I tend to avoid them though
with good game until that problems :)

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At Party were cheaps satellites for 1 cent. It was fun to reach 5.5 because it was not easy. But it was opportunity to play at 109$ + tournaments. Where are now good satellites for playing?
Any sat to ko tourney

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Отобранный на турнир 109 за 5 долларов, просидел на спутнике 4 часа, у основного заводчика 10 минут. AA-KK:eek: Это ирония судьбы, вы ничего не можете сделать, это часть игры:cool:
You don't get a seat?

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From 3th to 17th February will be a lot of sattelites in turbo tourney on PS. i wish good luck all who will play.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites is a way to play expensive tournaments for a lower price. I do not usually play satellite, but it is necessary to adopt a fast gaming strategy because they are usually hyper turbo. You'll be forced to play more hands because the blinds increase with more speed, take advantage of the final position and be aggressive with a tight hand range. Good luck.

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Satellites is a way to play expensive tournaments for a lower price. I do not usually play satellite, but it is necessary to adopt a fast gaming strategy because they are usually hyper turbo. You'll be forced to play more hands because the blinds increase with more speed, take advantage of the final position and be aggressive with a tight hand range. Good luck.
Thank you, man

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
play more secure, definitely start playing low satellites and try to win the next entry, I think it's better, so do not invest much money and you would have even more profits, I also think that playing from the lowest satellites can help you improve your game, with practice and perseverance you can win the ticket to the main event

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely buy into any tournament over $5, but thanks to Satellites I have gotten to play lots of richer tournaments as high as $109. I try to get a minimum of 10 to 1 return on my buy in and I love it when a 20 to 1 return is possible.

do you have any success in the tournaments where you went in the satellites?

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play more secure, definitely start playing low satellites and try to win the next entry, I think it's better, so do not invest much money and you would have even more profits, I also think that playing from the lowest satellites can help you improve your game, with practice and perseverance you can win the ticket to the main event

but in low prcie sat a lot of idiots that push any cards. especially recently there are those who in this way quickly makes x5 and then any cards pushes and catches pairs. and in such tournaments you hardly will be able to learn something

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you have any success in the tournaments where you went in the satellites?

I am hitting at somewhere between 5 - 8% of the time I play. Some days I will make 2 events. I have even qualified in as many as 3 per day.

Some times I will go 3 days with nothing, get discouraged and hit the 4th day.

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am hitting at somewhere between 5 - 8% of the time I play. Some days I will make 2 events. I have even qualified in as many as 3 per day.

Some times I will go 3 days with nothing, get discouraged and hit the 4th day.

for me it would be good staticstic)

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today was a good start. i win satty to $16.5 Bounty Biulder)

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Venom

Hi to all. What do you think about satellites to expensive tournaments, needs to play or carefully climb the limits?
Do you play them? successfully?

Great post Prya,

This has crossed my mind pretty often as well. I guess the one downside is sometimes I feel like if I bink something... maybe that was my "rungood" for that particular series.

Also - I feel that most new / inexperienced players... you know the ones we LIKE to play against :p probably arent thinking that far ahead yet and arent qualifying for sattelites. Does that make sense? So yeah with that logic the competition might be a little better quality.

Im not sure if you play on ACR / BCP but they have something going on right now called the Venom... I believe its in June or July and its a $5M guaranteed. They actually have freerolls every 4 hours and its a 6 tier process to qualilfy. But youre qualifying for like a $2500 ticket so its well worth it and ive been having a lot of success with them. Real mellow competition. Hope that gives you a different way of thinking about it.

Blessings,

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great post Prya,

This has crossed my mind pretty often as well. I guess the one downside is sometimes I feel like if I bink something... maybe that was my "rungood" for that particular series.

Also - I feel that most new / inexperienced players... you know the ones we LIKE to play against :p probably arent thinking that far ahead yet and arent qualifying for sattelites. Does that make sense? So yeah with that logic the competition might be a little better quality.

Im not sure if you play on ACR / BCP but they have something going on right now called the Venom... I believe its in June or July and its a $5M guaranteed. They actually have freerolls every 4 hours and its a 6 tier process to qualilfy. But youre qualifying for like a $2500 ticket so its well worth it and ive been having a lot of success with them. Real mellow competition. Hope that gives you a different way of thinking about it.

Blessings,

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

Thanks Travis.

Yes, I play on PS and I don't know about Venom tournament, but it sounds powerful and actual)

I wish you good luck in tournaments

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course the satellites need to be played, but they must fit into the bankroll.
There used to be a small bankroll and I played satellites for $ 0.11 in Big and Bounty for $ 1.10. The satellites won constantly ... then they took out the money, there was a break for about a year. This year I returned to poker, I play freerolls, I am building a bankroll. I will play satellites including, but on bankroll.))

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On ipoker i always play the 1,00 3,00 ones where you can win either a 10,00 20,00 or 50,00 ticket should check it out if you're allowed on such sites. i've won many and won with the tickets aswell. it's pretty easy and the players on that software are absolute donkys, most of the time you can win the tickets if you play smart enough. you have some with add-on/rebuy i play those aswell but i only do a add-on rebuy if i have a good chance of winning a ticket/cash prize.

Same goes on for the other rooms that i play to win tickets for a low buy-in.

Hope this helps!

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just getting into the sats, thanks to acr and this forum...i was always against it but ive had some luck and saved some money...

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday was a good day for satelites for me. Started with the freeroll for the Venom and now I am on step 4 of 6!

S

Spacekos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi to all. What do you think about satellites to expensive tournaments, needs to play or carefully climb the limits?
Do you play them? successfully?
My friend won the EPT Sochi 2018 ticket to the satellites, so it's definitely worth playing.

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally in my street is a celebration;)
I win ticket in $11 bounty builder and in this torney I win $65
$1.1 became $65 - good gob)

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally play satellites all the time, firstly it is interesting and cheap.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I like to play the cheap Sunday million satellites at pokerstars great bang for the buck.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, I regularly play satellite tournaments. This is a very good way to get a place in a tournament with a good prize pool. Often, I play satellite tournaments on PokerStars and 888.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like to participate in satellites, because there is a lot of competition. But participation in satellites is an opportunity to save on entrance fees to the main tournament in case of victory.

Poker Tells