Same mtt winners every night

T

tyktyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know how you feel. My game has been improving over the years, but I am a really unlucky player. I get told all the time that it will even out over time, but whilst I do win with the best hand sometimes, and even get lucky on the river sometimes, I almost always find (particularly towards the later stages of tourneys) that I go in with the best hands, and no matter how I play them, get called by poor hands who have usually reraised me so they are all in only to find I am ahead ..... until the river!!

Then this will happen several times in a row and I go from one of the chip leaders - to out before the money. If I fold to the raises then I'm seen as a weak target, so that won't work either (but I do respect raises from players I respect or whose playstyle suggests they might have me beat, I'm not saying I call every allin or anything wild like that).

But, if I sit on my stack, at the high blinds, I'm blinded out anyway, so I can't seem to win.

I can get all the way through hours of game and remain in the top 10-20 of hundreds, even thousands, then ........ either nothing to fight with or a succession of bad beats. This has been going on for a loooooong time, so it's not a case of just waiting for the tide to turn. I've kind of just learned to accept it and now never invest in high stakes, is all. Shame but - hey.
I am also surprised by bots or robots that play or they are chosen from the very beginning as winners, having good luck with them. Not long ago I played a knockout tournament and there was a player at the table who played every other hand OL-in without jokes, he played with k-6 - 10-7 and so on. There were 1,000 people in the tournament and he made it to the final table with the top 1 stack and top 1 in batting, but you'd be mad with what cards he played or how often. Vision? Vryatli, just the system twists someone from the very beginning of the tournament.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICM

You misunderstand, I don't always push allin: no raises b4 me - I raise (e.g KK, AQs, etc), THEY reraise allin after perhaps a single BB call - presumably to try to push me off my hand? I call. They show 42o (or T4, or 65) Flop hits me maybe gives me trips? They are now allin, so no more action, I am well ahead - they must be shitting it? BUT, by the river, they have a low str8 against my trip Ks, Q's or whatever.

Situations like this are NOT due to me playing poorly, (and I'm not saying I never play poorly, by the way), but they are very regular and consistent especially late game and I almost always lose by the river (I'm just unlucky, that's all there is to it).

There are many times I am responsible for poor play, of course, but those are not what I'm talking about here, it's when I have NO control anymore and am definitely the favourite by far, almost always end up losing the hand. I know you won't believe me, but it is true.

When I play PartyPoker and play with the Whizz app, sometimes I get so tired of hearing it tell me that 'I played the hand perfectly but they got lucky - onwards and upwards' or 'don't get mad, get even' or the various other comments it makes when I suffer a bad beat after a good play that it gives to try to comfort me and encourage me to keep playing as well as I can, that it's the APP that I get mad with (I'm used to it happening in the poker). But the constant comments from the app really feel like it's rubbing it in, lmao)

If you are in the late game like bubble or ITM situations you cant apply the same study that in Early stages .

On the early game you do calculations based on Chip EV, but on ITM you need to play differently because your chips already have money value. For example if you are CL but not by much you should play tighter against players that can get a big stack of yours.

Hope it helps

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are in the late game like bubble or ITM situations you cant apply the same study that in Early stages .

On the early game you do calculations based on Chip EV, but on ITM you need to play differently because your chips already have money value. For example if you are CL but not by much you should play tighter against players that can get a big stack of yours.

Hope it helps

Yes, thank you. Of course, to throw the best hand on the flop just because someone re-raises you allin isn't good play either, or at least it's very weak - but I suppose it would allow me to get farther I suppose. Thank you.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people who make money in poker - work on the game, are in poker schools, take training, use soft and know how to use it
the other 90% of players lose money in poker
there are no miracles

Winner Poker