ROI for Sitngo's

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a hater lol - just seen this lots of times in the forum and they never seem to maintain it. I don't want him to unrealistically think he is going to maintain or improve on 27% while he is learning the game.

Also your 17% is a lot less than his 27% - so even if he did as well as you did he can still expect that much of a drop which is significant. (and honestly - how many people have done as well as you have? :p )

I don't think Bwammo was advocating him moving up to the $11's with a $240 bankroll.

No, neither was I. It was more a case of thinking you dont have to play more tables before you hit the 10s if you dont want too or if you cannot. I read a challenge thread with a guy playing a few tables of the 100$ sngs who made a good few grand and loads of people where saying play more tables but he was doing so well because he only had a few tables open and he could really follow everything that was going on.

The moving up comment as I said was aimed at some real good cc sng regs who have put a good amount of volume in at the lower buyins and more a case of also myself realising why the hell am I playing 6 tables when I suck at 4.

pdias666

pdias666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about HU ROI?

for example for 1 or 2$ HU games what would you consider to be a good ROI?

pdias666

pdias666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can anybody help with this? what is a good HU ROI?

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can anybody help with this? what is a good HU ROI?

Well, its not so much about ROI in HU SnG's if you ask me.
More about $/hr.
I mean if you win 70% of your HU matches, and each take ½ hr to complete, thats great, but u would be better off winning 60% of your matches, and each take 5 min to complete.

To answer your question about 25% ROI is probably possible in those. (the players at those low levels are really bad)

pdias666

pdias666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tkz, i'm a little bellow that. I started a run of 100 games and i'm arround 10% after 10 games

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Goals change needs. Someone with the goal of maximizing profit would think hourly rate is the most important...but someone with the goal of improving their poker game and becoming a more talented player, would be more concerned with ROI.

Everything is subjective.
I like your logic mate. Afterall, "perspective is reality" ... sort of like its according to your definition of "is". I agree 100%. Wally :)

Kountess

Kountess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok ok I'm reading but, how do I know my ROI%?? First off Lol I just play & would like to know ROI % to become a better player!

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ROI = money earned / money invested

so basically if you played 100 $10 STT's, and you earned one hundred dollars, that means you spent $1000 to earn $100, so you have a 10% ROI ($100/$1000).

Kountess

Kountess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ROI = money earned / money invested

so basically if you played 100 $10 STT's, and you earned one hundred dollars, that means you spent $1000 to earn $100, so you have a 10% ROI ($100/$1000).

Thank you!:)

K

Katching

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Tom,
Well done on the results so far. What site are you playing at?
Some good advice so far, a couple of things I would add though. In my opinion there’s not that big a difference in skill level between $5 and $10 games. So I wouldn’t be that concerned about moving up to the $10 games. My ROI is actually slightly worse in the $5 games. Possible because I pay less attention to those, or not sure if the looser games tend to even the playing field a bit.
Regardless, I would say your bankroll is big enough. If you are playing 3 tables at a time, you could try two $5 games and one $10 game to ease you in.

To Kountess,
It’s important to get a grasp of these key stats. It’s vital that you know ‘where you are at’ in terms of ROI, $/hr in each SNG type you play. Like Tom is doing, you look at this and make a decision on whether to move up levels, or play more tables.
My advice for you would be to set up a spreadsheet and keep a track of your results. If you prefer there are plenty of templates available online also. A really good one I found is here:
http://sng-analyzer.weebly.com/
...My two cents.