Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Does it happen to you that when you stop playing for a few months when you resume it is very difficult to return to the previous level?
In my case, when I can't play for a while, it's almost like starting over, I've totally lost my timing, what advice can you give me to make it easier to return to the level?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Easy....start back up at a lower level until you're back on your feet then move back up bit by bit as you feel comfortable. I really wouldn't just jump back in at the deep end

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does it happen to you that when you stop playing for a few months when you resume it is very difficult to return to the previous level?
In my case, when I can't play for a while, it's almost like starting over, I've totally lost my timing, what advice can you give me to make it easier to return to the level?
Hello, Academico! I can give You the several simple advice: first of all, of course, this is more playing practice, secondly, play only by bankroll,
and thirdly, play only in that kinds of Poker, in what You played more succesfully before this long break!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GTO wizard free version lets you practice 10 hands a day when you take time off you can use this to keep your skills up

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes I have the same problem, I have not played seriously now for 2 years, in fact it has been over 3 years since I played a live game, When the lockdowns started and closed all the venues I played at, I looked to more on-line Poker to get my Adrenalin rush and have basically burned out from playing so much on-line Poker.
The Pubs and Clubs have all reopened but I still cannot find the confidence to return to live games, I can drink at home at a fraction of the cost of Pub Beers and lack any incentive to return to my old ways.
Being here on Cardschat was one way of trying to find an incentive to return to Poker, but as yet I still have not found the passion I once had.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I rarely take breaks for more than a month. After a month's rest, it's a little unusual for me to play literally the first few hours, and then everything falls into place.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if you haven't played for only a month then it shouldn't be so difficult to return to your level just play a couple of games below your level and you should safely return to your level if you can't learn things you can't do again and you will be able to pull yourself up the stairs again and you will be able to pull yourself up the stairs again

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Easy....start back up at a lower level until you're back on your feet then move back up bit by bit as you feel comfortable. I really wouldn't just jump back in at the deep end
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, Academico! I can give You the several simple advice: first of all, of course, this is more playing practice, secondly, play only by bankroll,
and thirdly, play only in that kinds of Poker, in what You played more succesfully before this long break!
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
GTO wizard free version lets you practice 10 hands a day when you take time off you can use this to keep your skills up
Thank you very much, I did not know that, I will investigate it