registering late in a tournament

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the Carbon deep stacks I like to get in when the blinds go to 50/100. Usually by then the hot dogging players are either gone or have had to rebuy enough times they have settled down. At this point in the game you still have plenty of fold equity and the top 5 is still within relatively easy reach.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that late registration isn't good without rebuy and addon. I don't like tournaments with rebuy and addon so i don't play them. On the other side we could skip 3 or 4 first level blinds of tournament, they are not important for me(oufcorse this depend on starting stack)

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion registration late in any tournament is BIG disadvantage as you are mostly short stack and will have to go AI with non-premium hands and I do not believe that is what you wanted when you registered for that tournament.

The other think is that you might get bullied by Big stacks and you will be force to things 1) either push AI 2) Fold

When you register from beginning ...you are able to nicely wait for good/premium hand and the most important > to gain some information from other players as you seen the play

So I do not recommend late-registrations ....( not saying they might be some exceptions :) )

Good luck at tables !

Spocinss

Spocinss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
each will always have their own views on it

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're talking online, I don't mind buying in late. You can avoid a lot of the loose play early. As long as it is a deep stack tourney and you have at least 20 BBs or so, it's not a bad strategy.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it becomes hardly to play well if you do late registration, because probably you'll need to do one or two all-in to double or triple up your stack.. So i think that it isn't worth to registrate late.

M

madmonster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my stratigy is shooting all in with the best hand allot of players will call because they are deepstack and if u lose just rebuy in time before the rebuy period is over I win most my games like that lol

B

BlakeBrown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it really matters, better late than never! :)

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In principle there is no difference, with a difference that earlier starting push/fold, many players good in push game and they reg in late,,,

Katyushka4

Katyushka4

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
registering late in a tournament is it good or bad i myself think its bad to start late
I like that there is a late check. More people involved - more prize money. I believe that for good players late registration - bad idea to bad players - great idea. If you have an advantage - you should play from the beginning - if not, come back later.