Rebuys in MTT

Alket21

Alket21

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
AL
Chips
Just a question, how many times do you rebuy in a tournament? What do you guys consider when rebuying? Is it the prize pool or a soft field? Maybe you took a beat and want to get right back in there? Or is there something else I am missing? I was watching one of Lex's streams and he says that you should think of every rebuy as starting a new tournament. I can see why he say that if its the first few blind levels and I don't have to play a SSS. But if its close to the end of the rebuy period and the blinds are really high is it still worth it. I'm primarily a cash game and SNG player. Thanks

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Based on mathematics, it is more profitable to play tournaments with rebuys from the first entry, so I don’t do rebuys and if I get out, I play other tournaments.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes it doesn't pay to do one or more rebuys, I've done it a few times, until analyzing most of the time the prize doesn't pay off

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I play tournaments with rebuys I never do them but that has a reason: when I play a buy-in tournament it is because I win entry in some freeroll, I may have the money to do the rebuy but I don't do it anyway, not for me It makes sense especially when I haven't done well in the tournament

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try my best not to rebuy, that is just how I like to play, it serves me well enough... I know I have leaks, but I work on them.

Even still, I try to have 3 buy in in my pocket ready if it's a tourney I really want to try to take down, especially online, but more than 3 buy-ins seems like too much to me.

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just a question, how many times do you rebuy in a tournament? What do you guys consider when rebuying? Is it the prize pool or a soft field? Maybe you took a beat and want to get right back in there? Or is there something else I am missing? I was watching one of Lex's streams and he says that you should think of every rebuy as starting a new tournament. I can see why he say that if its the first few blind levels and I don't have to play a SSS. But if its close to the end of the rebuy period and the blinds are really high is it still worth it. I'm primarily a cash game and SNG player. Thanks
i like to make rebuy if i come back more than 50BB

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How often do I rebuy/reenter? Hopefully not very often and no more than once.
What do I consider when rebuying/reentering?
Am I playing well or bored with it. It must give me at least 25BBs.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I hate them. They encourage stupid strategies. I've seen players rebuy more than the prize is worth! They drive up the cost of a game and make the game last too long. Don't even get me going with add on's and late registration!

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like re-bay and re-entries. There are several reasons for this. For example, it may inspire you to play less carefully at the start, because you can always buy chips. Sometimes there may be a desire to get even with the player who took your chips and became the leader of the table.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can rebuy if I'm out of the tournament within the first minutes of the move, otherwise I try to play one way

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I would rebuy a tournament, but not very often.
However, my experience is that the option of rebuy affects my game negatively, it encourages me to be careless, so I have now stopped using the option of rebuy, but I still use add-on at the end of the rebuy period, if it makes sense in terms of increasing my chips.