JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cuando es por un periodo muy largo de rebuy se arriesga mucho el bankroll
Hola y bienvenidos a CardsChat! CardsChat es un foro unicamente en Inglés . Por favor, publique en Inglés, o utilize un traductor.

-

R

rumsey182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely prefer non rebuy tournaments over rebuys. for reasons stated above. People will play stupid and free then rebuy you get a read on them and they play shite cards and then boom you are the one knocked out for not playing 7-2 off suit.
this is stupid you want people being idiots and playing shite cards lol that is the point to play them

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love rebuys. Gets the payoffs big.

-

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys sucks... Its pure donk fest where people shove any 2 cards hoping they get lucky.... 1r1a or limited rebuys are ok... But x3 and x2 turbos sucks big time.... Yes there is 70k gtd but that tourney lasts forever.... You must be uber lucky and loose to win one of those....

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use to hate them but now I am fine with them as long as they are not turbo structured..

If you get Card dead in rebuy tournaments it can suck but honestly at the micro/ low stakes rebuy tournaments you can literally just wait for AA KK and shove pre-flop and get called some times by two players..

Any game where you can do this is a +EV game..

Just because everyone else at the table is gambling like an idiot with no care doesn't mean we need to.. If there is an add on it's even better for us because we can play nitty and double up with the goods or if were not lucky enough to get the goods we can add on at the end of the first break and be deep enough to maneuver through the rest of the field..

As far as it lasting longer it doesn't really.. Rebuys are the exact same as a new player coming into the game except this player is more likely then not on tilt (Which is good for us) also if late registration is open it doesn't matter if their are rebuys or not the tournament will never end within that late registration period..

I did use to hate them for the reason I'm willing to play them now.. people playing dumb poker shoving never folding.. Why did I use to hate this.. Stupid play is +EV unless it is coming from me

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use to hate them but now I am fine with them as long as they are not turbo structured..

If you get Card dead in rebuy tournaments it can suck but honestly at the micro/ low stakes rebuy tournaments you can literally just wait for AA KK and shove pre-flop and get called some times by two players..

Any game where you can do this is a +EV game..

Just because everyone else at the table is gambling like an idiot with no care doesn't mean we need to.. If there is an add on it's even better for us because we can play nitty and double up with the goods or if were not lucky enough to get the goods we can add on at the end of the first break and be deep enough to maneuver through the rest of the field..

As far as it lasting longer it doesn't really.. Rebuys are the exact same as a new player coming into the game except this player is more likely then not on tilt (Which is good for us) also if late registration is open it doesn't matter if their are rebuys or not the tournament will never end within that late registration period..

I did use to hate them for the reason I'm willing to play them now.. people playing dumb poker shoving never folding.. Why did I use to hate this.. Stupid play is +EV unless it is coming from me

beautiful. poetry. :dito:

especially the part I highlighted in red.

I think I used to hate turbos and rebuys because I used to suffer from a sense of "preflop justice" like the best preflop 2 card starting hand DESERVED to win the pot and anything else was a tragedy.

lol....it's funny to think back on now because I'm so different but I can remember actually being MAD losing AK vs. AJ...I mean I would have negative emotions for like a half an hour if I lost as a 75% favorite and I would do pointless analysis of my play trying to figure out how I could get the AJ to fold....or whine to people who didn't care but I wanted them to tell me that the AJ player was SOOOOOO stooopid and I deserved to win.

I don't know when it all clicked. I think experience does the best job, and probably some maturity helps out too, but eventually you just get used to taking beats.

It simply does NOT surprise me or hurt my ego anymore to lose as an 80% favorite. I'm just happy for the opportunity to get my chips in so good and I make sure to be gracious to the player who is stacking my chips because I want to keep players like that in the game for next time. I tell them things like "of course you can't fold in that spot because of xyz stack sizes, blinds, our history etc." and "it's just a cooler. good luck. take my chips to the final table!" I shake their hand, flash a warm smile, promise to let them buy me a beer later then I go for a walk or run, or play some blackjack, or swim in the pool or whatever until the next tourney starts! And guess what? I really AM sincere when I wish them luck. Why? cuz I'm out of the the tourney now and if somebody is gonna win money, I'd rather it be somebody who makes poor decisions so I'll have an easier time winning that money back.

eventually you get to a point where variance doesn't phase you and then re-buy tourneys are actually pretty sweet.

Last edited:
S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
^^ lol I was actually thinking about how I use to be like "Why would you do that?" in chat. A few days ago when I was playing a player was berating some one for his awful play (It was awful) and how he shouldn't do that.. I was like "O-M-G, Why would I ever do that?"

Now when I play I pray no one tells some one else how bad they played their hands.. In fact I see players who do tell people how they played their hand badly as weak(er) players.. Most of the time anywayz

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to hate them, but they are growing on me and here's why:

Builds a much bigger prize pool for a smaller rake
If you play them well you can easily pay only $5 fit a tourney where the average buy in is something like $10-15

Yes, you need to be willing to gamble early to build a stack...then when you build a stack you need to adjust. (As in calm down and look for good spots). Gambling early doesn't mean going crazy, but for instance you're probably never folding 2 pair or the nut flush draw on the flop...

Yes, you need to be willing to fire 2-3 bullets, but only when conditions are ripe. For me this means my stack will still be relevant (better than push fold) and I feel I can outplay several people at the table.

Re-entries are dumb because you pay the rake again and you get moved to a new table (so starting from scratch)

I totally agree with you, the thing with re entry tornaments sucks at all.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
usually when I play a tournament of these I paid my quota and left for another Rebuy and an Add on more and very rare I use the 2 and only in case of emergency and when the tournament is worth even though!

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

The rebuy tournaments, it's not may, it's like a slot machine.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
re-buy tournaments are not bad, it actually allows bad players to re-buy multiple times and add value to tournaments. It was a great value, but unfortunately, pokerstars screwed it all up with raking re-buys and add-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.