Re Raising after a player is already all in.

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That makes perfect sense! If they shove all in you think they have the other player beat for sure, you will fold protecting their hand and giving them a shot to take down the pot. It probably frustrates you too, that maybe worth it all together.

S

samitheman99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously its because they wanna isolate the player allin , easier to win against a single player

R

RaisingYa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would need to see more information but there are several reasons for this. One could be there is a side pot that the player has a chance to win, secondly to isolate the player to make it easier to win.
I also depends on the type of game, if this is a large tournament I am not generally interested in checking the player down to get him out, I am concerned with winning more chips. If this is a SNG then maybe everyone is more likely to check it down to reduce the field. I will often bet with nothing here to reduce the field therefore increasing the chance I will win.

babydrago9

babydrago9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say for the sake of argument player 1 has 1000 and shoved, there is player 2 with 10000 left and player 3 with 6000 of which player 2 is to act first. If player 2 reshoves, they are representing the nuts on any board, and so player 3 will not be wanting to risk all his chips with anything except for the nuts unless its some kind of monster draw. Therefore say the pot is AK7, and player 2 has A2 or KQ, he can reshove and player 3 will only call with a set or 2 pair and so gets him off better hands